Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 09:57:55 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: Feb./Next LAN consoles  (Read 29572 times)
Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« on: December 20, 2008, 08:44:40 PM »

What console play will be at the next lan?
I can bring GoW2 and SFHD, and maybe SSBB and Mario Kart. Also format discussion appreciated.

I'm back. Kinda. Maybe. Been sleep since Nexus LAN 3.
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2008, 03:02:59 PM »

What Day is the JAN LAN on? Im in the military and Have my Drill Dates the 10-11 and was really wanting to join you guys in your fun.
Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2008, 05:35:08 PM »

What Day is the JAN LAN on? Im in the military and Have my Drill Dates the 10-11 and was really wanting to join you guys in your fun.

There probably wont be a JAN LAN, though there might be a FEB LAN. It depends on the admins...among other things.

Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2008, 06:02:25 PM »

Hmm thats no Fun. Guess ill have to wait till Feb then and hope.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2008, 03:44:21 AM »

In the mean time, if anyone wants to host a LAN, for example a console LAN in their basement, etc and would like to use the NeXus registration system, send me an email or private message for details.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2008, 02:13:43 PM »

Hmm Sounds Like a PLan But I have a Good idea As well. We could check place to rent a large room for the night. Like I work At WSU and could check about the rooms here on a weekend... If anyone has a suggestion Let me know
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2008, 05:36:02 PM »

My Brother (Iskascribble) and I are looking to setup a Smash Brothers "Crew" Battle between, the Dayton-Springfield crew  (you-tube search Paradigm or Iskascribble) and the Cincy Crew ( Lead by Mr. X, a Great Pit Player). Some of the Columbus Pros, such as Quivo and Alpha Zealot (both placed 5th ans 2nd respectively in seasons beatings) were looking to come to this. If anyone was interested I making this happen (or spectating as there will be some AMAZING Smash play) please P.M. or call me  and let me know because I need some Ideas on venue and stuff like that and all the help would be greatful.

If you are not doing something to its maximum, why do it?
XBL: JeLLITYMe
Same tag for Steam, Origin, psn etc.
Uptime podcast host:uptime.podomatic.com
Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2008, 09:59:55 PM »

contact me, I'd like to join, I've picked up my game a bit.

Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2008, 05:36:05 PM »

Hmm Sounds Like a PLan But I have a Good idea As well. We could check place to rent a large room for the night. Like I work At WSU and could check about the rooms here on a weekend... If anyone has a suggestion Let me know

Let us know what you find out about renting the room at WSU.  Would there be internet access?  And do they have some equipment you could use?

[TC] Action
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 29, 2008, 08:06:01 PM »

Working on Getting the information now. The internet might be the hard part. I can get up to 6 loged into the network here. So if one of those is a server who knows what we can do.  The Equipment is limited but Im sure together we can find all the stuff we need between servers and TV's. Just a suggestion I have never been to one of your parties so if you have any information just PM me or post here I check this about 10x  a day (I get bored at work). 
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 29, 2008, 09:16:50 PM »

Yeah with consoles your definitely going to need TVs of some sort.  I recommend a projector if you can use one from WSU.  If you run any tournaments I think there should be enough consoles between you, Jelly and Rune so that should not be a problem. And just ask everyone to bring their own console and monitor for normal play.   But then there is the network and if this is a console only event you really do not need any game servers (which I could provide for PC) but you will need switches and networking cable which again would be great if WSU can provide as the less you need to bring the better especially if you plan to do this monthly or bi-monthly.

Were you planning to mix this with PC and console or console only?

WSU might be very open to the idea of an organization especially as a student run organization.

If everything works and plans out, you can definitely use this website's event and registration system which is one of my goals for next year as a community.

[TC] Action
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 30, 2008, 02:13:35 PM »

I am much more of A PC gamer so I would have a mixed LAN Party I just need to know If you guys want to Discopntinure useing your Current Facility and use the Free one i Found at WSU I just need to know how many people usually show up so I can make sure to get the right room. If anyone knows just shoot me an email I have many rooms lined up Right now on campus for free most with a network and they vary in size. As Far as a student org I think i might be able to get it for free no matter what so I wouldnt have to worry about that unless you folks want to be affiliated with WSU
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 31, 2008, 03:28:00 AM »

I'll send you a PM to discuss in more detail.  Sounds like a good plan.

[TC] Action
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 03, 2009, 10:35:56 PM »

Keep me posted on what you need me to do, I with you guys 100% on anything Console.

If you are not doing something to its maximum, why do it?
XBL: JeLLITYMe
Same tag for Steam, Origin, psn etc.
Uptime podcast host:uptime.podomatic.com
ithrowthings
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2009, 08:49:02 PM »

I vote for SSBB, I'd be able to bring a carload or two from Akron and I'm fairly certain if you hit at the right weekend, columbus' OUGA (ohio university gamers association) would bring a couple carloads and most likely cincinnatti and springfield. Cleveland is a possibility as well.

LAN center up here has about 15 TVs and they charge a 5 dollar venue fee and give rebates for setups and pre-registration. Average about 30 peeps per tourney
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx