Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 18, 2024, 04:17:06 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: GoW2 Tournament  (Read 23499 times)
virt
« on: February 23, 2009, 03:01:59 PM »

I'm really kind of disappointed with the selection to use Submission as the official game type.

I'm going to MLG in April and I'm looking for a little bit of LAN practice and was hoping for it to be Execution if a tournament were to be offered up as thats what MLG is offering.   While I'm at work and can't go to the gamebattles website, you can find a list of their rulesets by visiting gamebattles.com and selection GoW2 under the Xbox 360 tab.

Now granted I play for a clan and average about 10-15+ hours a week on GoW2, but I can honestly say Submission is one of the least popular game types in the game.  If you want an objective based game type, stick with Annex or King of the Hill...other wise, if you want to play the most played game type, go with execution. 

Or if you want more teams, go with Wingman.  See it below

List of gametypes to vote on:

Warzone
A COG team is pitted against a Locust team. The goal is simple—eliminate all members of the other team before they eliminate you. Note that you cannot respawn in this mode, so if you’re killed, you have to wait until the next round begins before you can play again.

Guardian
In this mode, one player from each team is sected to act as the leader. The goal of the leader is to stay alve for as long as possible, because if the leader is killed, that team loses the ability to respawn. Protect the leader at all costs!

Wingman
Up to five two-player teams compete against each other until one team reaches a set amount of points. The only way to kill an opposing team member is at close range or with a one-shot kill. Points are awarded for kills and for winning a round, so players don’t have to win every round in order to win the match. In the even of a tie, the match is settled with another round. You and your teammate play as two versions of the exact same character, so any othercharacter is the competition.

Submission
In the twist on capture the flag, players must down a Stranded character, capture him as an enemy shield, and carry him inside a ring located on the map. When a player delivers the “flag” to this ring, his team must hold the flag there for a set amount of time to win the round. If the “flag” escapes before he’s taken to the ring, then the team must recapture him. Beware: The Stranded character is armed and dangerous, so capture him can be a deadly challenge.

Execution
This game type is similar to Warzone, but instead of dying after you are knocked down and bleed out, you automaticly revive. The only way to kill an opposting team member is at close range or with one-shot kill.

Annex
Players win by retaining control over fixed capture locations (rings) long enough tocollect a winning number of points. Every map has multiple locations available for capture, with one loactation available at a time. If a location is held by the enemy, enter it to break possesion and defend it to gain control. Players killed while defending a capture location cannot respawn.

Once all the points from one loactions have been collected, a new location appears. The first team to reach the target score wins the round. Note that target scores are adjustable in private games.

King of the Hill
Players must gain control of a fixed capture location (ring) on the map and retain control long enough to collect a winning number of points. To keep collecting points after a capture, at least one player must remain within the location to defend it. Players killed while defending a capture loaction cannot respawn. Execution rules are in play here, so they only way to kill an opposing team member is at close range or with a one-shot kill. King of the Hill has only one laction per round, instead of the multiple locations found in Annex.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 03:06:54 PM »

We do not have to use Submission.  I just saw that as being CTF so I figured a good team game.  Admitedly, I do not know enough about GOW2 to know which is the best game type.  So with that said I will leave it up to everyone here to post on this thread.  Let us know what game type you want.  I will put a note in the tournament list so people know to come here.

Thanks for your input.

* Edited to add that the description for the GoW2 Tournament has been updated.  Everyone is to come here and discuss and agree to game type. 

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
naymlis
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 12:34:18 AM »

whats up virt.. I might head back to dayton this year for the q3 tournament hope to see you again

sorry for the off topic post Smiley
virt
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2009, 08:27:31 PM »

Tonight some time I'll modify the top post with a poll of game types in the game and list descriptions for both.
virt
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 04:19:27 PM »

BTW, Hey naymlis XD  It's been a while man. 
LeonRes-Evil2
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2009, 03:31:41 AM »

Um, I just registered for the GoW2 tournament, and as I understand, I should post a vote on what gametype to play for the tourney. I vote for Wingman.
Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 10:19:11 PM »

also vote for Wingman, given the probable size of our LAN and players.

I'm back. Kinda. Maybe. Been sleep since Nexus LAN 3.
virt
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2009, 02:02:56 PM »

If it's going to be small, we might as well run 2v2 Execution with a standard winners/losers bracket.
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2009, 03:24:35 PM »

I was hopeing at least 20 People playing of all diffferent skill levels
infamous
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2009, 06:52:29 PM »

i played in mlg columbus and placed 3rd and if you really want to have a good game play wingman with no wepon spons or 2v2 ex with mlg rules. if this happens then you will probibly see me there taking first Tongue. gl with all your lans but really i think you should look into mlg rules it will have a lot better turn out.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2009, 07:59:32 PM »

i played in mlg columbus and placed 3rd and if you really want to have a good game play wingman with no wepon spons or 2v2 ex with mlg rules. if this happens then you will probibly see me there taking first Tongue. gl with all your lans but really i think you should look into mlg rules it will have a lot better turn out.
This was a post from our March LAN.  GoW2 is not an official tournament at Saturday's LAN.  Though people might be playing it and as always feel free to run any unofficial tournmanet.  We are a fun LAN and we always welcome attendee participation on running their own tournaments.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
infamous
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2009, 01:24:03 PM »

yea i know but if you ever have another gears of war lan then count me and my friend in we take first everytime Tongue GL everyone and have fun
Infamousd
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2009, 02:26:19 PM »

yea i know but if you ever have another gears of war lan then count me and my friend in we take first everytime Tongue GL everyone and have fun

HMMM seems the ranks of the infamous are growing... 

SUMBIT TO US OR BE VANQUISHED!!!   Grin
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx