Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 19, 2024, 08:58:10 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Games for Next LAN  (Read 14059 times)
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2009, 06:38:55 PM »

Ok guys its about the time to start deciding on The Tourneys for the Next LAN.

For PC: Were thinking An FPS. Some team game like TF2 or COD4.  Along with that Were thinking an RTS like WC3, SC, or Red Alert 2.

For Console: Were thinking Smash Brothers again since that was a big Hit along with another. We could do CoD4/5 or Try and get GoW2 going again.

Please dicuss and give suggestions because this is your LAN and We Want you to have fun there. And dont forget there will always be free time and you can play whatever you want and We can put servers up for most any Game.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 06:51:22 PM »

This is sort of off-topic because it is not about the tourny, but then you mentioned other games played so it is not really off-topic.

But, at the March LAN someone mentioned a freeze tag mod for COD4.  For some reason we never got that running, or we got distracted or something, but I think it would be fun to try in off-peak times.  The freeze tag mod for Quake2 rocked -- I'd love to try it with COD4.  I'd like to try and get this mod set up and ready to go before the next LAN.
z0id
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 09:56:30 PM »

I would say COD4 because, i still just dont like COD5, i would LOVE counter strike... but you'll never get a sponsor lol. ummm, tf2 would be fun because it takes little skill to really get a kill and if you cant aim you can just capture points and stuff. So either cod4 or tf2... i would say cod4 in my opinion but thats just because im good at it Tongue...

for strategy WC3: dota. would be fun, 4v4.. would just be a classic cool one.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 10:16:57 PM »

Yeah I like COD4 too.   I just wonder if the new maps come out for the PC for COD5 is more would want to try out the new maps? But other than that I see now reason to make COD4 the main PC tourney unless some really good game comes out for the PC by then.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 11:25:14 PM »

ditch Gears, I dont believe there is enough intrest. Maybe some Halo, SF, SSBB, maybe some others (I cant think of any atm for consoles).

BTW, next LAN, bringing my Magic cards, Risk and Monopoly (although its the Nintendo one, I play standard rules).

I'm back. Kinda. Maybe. Been sleep since Nexus LAN 3.
z0id
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2009, 02:10:32 AM »

Street fighter 4 sounds like a good console one.
Infamousd
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2009, 01:53:52 PM »

i sound like broken record but why not left 4 dead versus tourney?

just had to put my 2 cents in...  Tongue
Fax
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2009, 12:36:38 PM »

How would a tourney like that work?
I don't think just one round would be an even match.
One team humans and one zombies, then switch and play another round then coin toss if tied to see who plays which side?
Or would it just be a coin toss for who gets what side and play one round?

Single or double elimination?
I've never played a Left4dead tourney so I'm interested in how it might be set up.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2009, 02:08:29 PM »

I wouldn't mind a L4D tourney.
Infamousd
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2009, 05:00:47 PM »

How would a tourney like that work?
I don't think just one round would be an even match.
One team humans and one zombies, then switch and play another round then coin toss if tied to see who plays which side?
Or would it just be a coin toss for who gets what side and play one round?

Single or double elimination?
I've never played a Left4dead tourney so I'm interested in how it might be set up.

when playing verses you go thru each map of the campaign with each team taking turns as both survivors and infected. each side gets points based on how they do.

You could run the tourney with each team doing both sides on just one map, or if time allows, each team doing the whole campaign on each side (lots of time for this one!)
Infamousd
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2009, 05:01:54 PM »

also we could even try a survival mode tourney, by picking a map and seeing who can last the longest on it (should be random teams!)
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #11 on: May 19, 2009, 05:52:58 PM »

also we could even try a survival mode tourney, by picking a map and seeing who can last the longest on it (should be random teams!)

Interesting. That sounds like a neat way to do it... and the teams could play at the same time so it really wouldn't take too long to play.  It would really require some strategy on the part of each team. 
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2009, 09:50:03 PM »

Yeah definitely sounds interesting.  I wonder if we should do this as an unofficial tournament this time and see how it goes and then maybe make an official tourney at the next LAN?

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
z0id
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2009, 02:43:12 AM »

That would be really cool!
Infamousd
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2009, 05:30:28 PM »

if you are going to pick a map for survival DO NOT pick the lighthouse. there are too many ways to cheat it.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx