Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 19, 2024, 03:33:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: What games are you bringing to play during free play  (Read 10751 times)
Cra2hgirl
« on: June 11, 2009, 02:40:45 PM »

There are designated times for free play for both the PC and console.  We're going to have a system set-up so that you can post what game servers are running and others can join in. 

Sooo... what games are you bringing?
Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2009, 08:35:40 PM »

I guess I'll bring my Risk and my N64 (starfox) along with my 360. Might bring monopoly, depends if I feel like lugging it around.

EDIT -- Bringing Risk, Starfox 64, and Resident Evil 5.

I'm back. Kinda. Maybe. Been sleep since Nexus LAN 3.
Infamousd
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 12:28:51 PM »

If I get it on time (won it thru an ebay auction) I am bringing a little known but hugely fun board game called:

The Awful Green Things From Outer Space

If anyone is interested in trying it out please let me know. Smiley
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 02:21:33 PM »

What the fuzz is that?!!!!

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Infamousd
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2009, 04:27:24 PM »

What the fuzz is that?!!!!

The premise of the game is a space ship is invaded by these alien creatures (which reproduce at alarming rates) the the crew must fight to eliminate the aliens before they take over the ship and kill the crew. One person plays the alien creatures, which evolve from eggs (completely harmless) to adults(killing machines), and either one or many people play the ship crew. The ship crew can move about from room to room and pick up items (ranging from grenade like objects, to tools, and fire extinguishers) which will help them to fight off the aliens.

Each crew member and alien form has a defensive, offensive, and movement rating which affects what they can do and how effective they do it.

How's that for an explanation in a nutshell? 

http://www.sjgames.com/awfulgreen/

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/162
Fax
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2009, 06:10:08 PM »

Boardgamegeek.com says only 2 players.
Other than that it sounds quite interesting.
Infamousd
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 07:44:44 PM »

Boardgamegeek.com says only 2 players.
Other than that it sounds quite interesting.

yeah but you can split up the crew members between a few people. You could probably split up the aliens too, but it makes more sense for just one person to run em.
Heffernan
« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2009, 08:08:05 AM »

lil lame in the newer stuff, but. and anyhow i will bring battlefield etc.-and  bf2, bf2 aix mod. crysis , and steam games. Maybe i can do cod4 dunno for sure.
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 12:54:26 PM »

I have Lord of the Rings Risk for the real nerds.  I've never actually played it yet though.  Anyone interested in that?

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 03:36:38 PM »

You know, we outa plan a night somewhere and get together for card and board games.  Not much time at a LAN for them or at least multiple games of them.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx