Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 10:01:49 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Servers at the LAN  (Read 7256 times)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2009, 04:01:48 PM »

Just a reminder, if anyone wants to bring a server to the LAN, just get with me at the Admin area and I will put it on server row connected to the gigabit backbone of the network.  Just make sure the server get's it's IP via DHCP (like you dekstop) and that it has some form of remote access so you can mange it.  The only thing we ask that muti-used fileservers need to be connected to a 100bit port to avoid using too much bandwidth.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
330T
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2009, 05:31:34 PM »

I was going to setup a COD4 & 5 custom map server but in order to do it, and serve maps quickly i needed to bring a small web server and have them static IPs. Any chance i can get with the network admin before the next lan and get a block of say 4 IPs?

Thank
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2009, 05:35:56 PM »

I was going to setup a COD4 & 5 custom map server but in order to do it, and serve maps quickly i needed to bring a small web server and have them static IPs. Any chance i can get with the network admin before the next lan and get a block of say 4 IPs?

Thank
Sure, see me at the LAN and I can set up the IPs. All I will need is the MAC addresses.  You can also PM me before the LAN and I will add it to the DHCP config on the router.

[TC] Action
330T
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 01:33:41 PM »

Thank
Sure, see me at the LAN and I can set up the IPs. All I will need is the MAC addresses.  You can also PM me before the LAN and I will add it to the DHCP config on the router.

one issue using MAC addresses... I have 4 nics in my ESXi box, and it has 15 servers setup on it.  Any chance I can just get a block of IPs?
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2009, 06:05:03 PM »

Thank
Sure, see me at the LAN and I can set up the IPs. All I will need is the MAC addresses.  You can also PM me before the LAN and I will add it to the DHCP config on the router.
Sure, just get with me at the LAN and I can allocate a block of IPs for you.  I start all clients at 192.168.1.100 so we should have plenty available for servers.

one issue using MAC addresses... I have 4 nics in my ESXi box, and it has 15 servers setup on it.  Any chance I can just get a block of IPs?
Sure should be no problem at all, send me a PM on the number of IPs you need and I will reply with the IPs to use.

[TC] Action
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx