Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 08:38:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: June LAN Feedback  (Read 13944 times)
Cra2hgirl
« on: June 21, 2009, 05:24:00 PM »

I hope everyone had a great time.   I'll  post the pics later, but I just wanted to see what you all thought of the LAN.
z0id
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2009, 06:42:40 PM »

LAN was excellent, i wish i would have gotten sleep though, i just couldnt trudge threw i played halo 3 and was just exhasted.. i cannot wait for october lan!!
Infamousd
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2009, 07:40:03 PM »

had a great time as always. I really appreciate the staff at Nexuslan as they are always extremely nice, and ready to help in any way.

The prizes rocked as well!!!  Thanks to all the sponsors, especially Intel for providing the awesome motherboard and CPU! Hope that lucky winner comes back next lan with a kick arse computer.  Shocked

The only complaint I have was a weird power issue in the one corner of the room. Thankfully the staff was there to fix the problem immediately each time it reared it's ugly head!

Hopefully they will have that area prepared for the next party (if they even know what exactly the problem was?).

Dave
Literacy
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2009, 08:10:58 PM »

I was extremely impressed with the quality of this event.

Tournaments were fun, the swag (and Fax's ever-present offers of free 'singleplayer demos') flowed freely, the pro L4D team I got set up with got the gold medal achievement, and there was a good bit of TF2 Arena fun to be had.

More than anything, though, I have to wax poetic about the Rock Band setup.

Honest to God, that was the most defining, epic moment of the entire LAN -  the light kit, speakers, and the whole nine yards - I expected a projector and some goofy $20 speakers, not a setup that real professionals would have brought around.

The Nexus crew puts on a hell of a show and I'll be back in October to see the encore.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2009, 02:12:11 AM »

The Rock Band was epic... Brent (RedDog) was responsible for the cool set-up, and thanks to Plague for the use of his monitor for the band members to view.  All the bands rocked!  I am almost certain we are doing Rock Band again in Oct, and RedDog says he's got some new things planned.  Grin

I had fun in the L4D unofficial tournament too... thanks for running it InfamousD.  I will be more dangerous next time now that I know the controls a little better. LOL.
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2009, 04:33:27 PM »

Ok, next time I will have to prepare better for the Rock band tourney.  One of our guitar players got a little zelous and failed us out of our song <ahem>, but we wanted to come back and make sure we finished the song and played it through.  Kudos to the winning band "IdRatherDieThanNotKillZombies" I think was the name of the band.  They did very well.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2009, 04:44:57 PM »

Smiley yeah we forgot to sync the screen and/or guitar again after power loss.  You had to hit before to adjust but once RedDog and I figured that out we were ok.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
slicknick
« Reply #7 on: June 22, 2009, 04:49:35 PM »

Awesome lan, I look forward to the next one. Need some more RTS tho=)
330T
« Reply #8 on: June 22, 2009, 05:29:15 PM »

Great LAN!

Other than the early power issues i think it was a great sucess.  Just wish i had gotten more sleep the night before.

Can't wait till the october lan. 
cheatch
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2009, 02:42:09 AM »

This was an awesome lan.

My only suggestion is to front page who won what event.

Can't wait for October!
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2009, 04:13:01 PM »

Ya, great LAN, had lots of fun between L4D, TF2, COD4, and watching the Rock Bands, it was a great time.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2009, 05:15:18 PM »

This was an awesome lan.

My only suggestion is to front page who won what event.

Can't wait for October!

We usually post all the winners on the home page, I am just a little behind on doing it.  We're putting together the pictures taken and will post those too... soon.
Literacy
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2009, 04:10:07 PM »

picturespicturespictures.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2009, 05:01:51 PM »

picturespicturespictures.

SORRY!  I usually have the pictures up in a more timely manner.  But, we had a couple of different people taking pictures and it is taking longer than normal to compile all of them.  I hope to have them up later today.
z0id
« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2009, 05:29:37 AM »

the pictures are gonna be awesome whenever there uploaded Cheesy
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx