Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 24, 2024, 11:58:25 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: NeXus LAN VI Tournament Discussion  (Read 32671 times)
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #15 on: September 10, 2009, 06:27:54 PM »

We'll be deciding on the tournaments soon, so if you have any other ideas for tournaments, let's hear 'em!
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 10, 2009, 08:23:27 PM »

How about something non pc/console like cornhole?

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Infamousd
« Reply #17 on: September 11, 2009, 02:37:10 PM »

I vote  a game of quarters with some Sam Adams Lager Tongue   
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #18 on: September 11, 2009, 02:58:32 PM »

At least pick a real beer.  Grin
Infamousd
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2009, 02:20:00 PM »

At least pick a real beer.  Grin

And that's how the BEER wars started...    Cheesy
z0id
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2009, 07:04:31 PM »

anything that gets me drunk is good. Smiley
Infamousd
« Reply #21 on: September 15, 2009, 05:32:42 PM »

anything that gets me drunk is good. Smiley

yeah that's the thing... Back in the days when I used to drink I preferred a beer that was a bit crunchy, something that would stick to my sides a bit. I could drink buds until the sun came up and not feel much but sore from all the circulation down stairs.

Nowadays I drink 2 zima's and I'm handing my keys over...  Shocked

Hate growing up...   Tongue
X5
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2009, 06:07:17 PM »

a bunch of my friends (and me) want to go if there is a cs:s tourney.. most lans have that as the main event

CS is too old of a game to attract sponsorships which is probably one reason why lans that still host CS tourneys charge entry fees which is something we will not do.   But  come and enjoy all the tournaments... we are a 100% completely fun LAN and not just based on tournaments.  Also you are more than welcome to host an unofficial CS tourney as long as it is not run at the same time as one of our sponsored pc tourneys.

As always all team based tournaments will have teams picked randomly by skill level.  This has made it so everyone has a fun and a fair and equal chance of winning.  It has worked out great at every one of our LANS.

oh i agree but i was talking about cs:s, not cs.

and typically lans get sponsored solely because cs:s IS the main tournament, since it's the most widely played game in the US, so it will naturally attract the most lan attendees ;-)

I'm not sure what planet your on. The cod series numbers are far above cs or cs:s. Name any large lan that is based on cs:s? Not LanWar, Quakecon or the large European lans. Some of these may have a tourney based on it but its not whats attracting players on the average.
z0id
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2009, 11:04:57 PM »

Thats the problem, Average players, and to be honest if they would (doubtful) have a counter strike tournament with money prize it would attract quite a few people, Alot more people than it would a call of duty tournament of any kind.

this is why i left this alone, it will never happen (im talking counter strike not cod)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 22, 2009, 11:50:28 PM »

Yep you are correct, we will not have any money or any type of competitive based tournaments.  We are a fun LAN and that is one quick way for a regular LAN party like this to cease to exist.  I've found out going to LANS over the many years, that have competitive tourneys, would have quite a bit of players that would only come for the tourney then leave and then the same clan would come back and win at the next.  This gave the LAN a bad rep. This will not occur here.  We make it so that everyone reguardless of their skill level has an equal chance of winning with their randomly picked team.  Which in turns keeps them interested in returning for the next LAN.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
z0id
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2009, 03:00:17 AM »

Which is why i attend nexus lan regularly.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx