Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 16, 2024, 11:56:36 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: LAN Schedule  (Read 9655 times)
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« on: October 08, 2009, 01:53:51 PM »

Hey Guys,

Here is the Current LAN Schedule. If there is and Unofficial Tornys you want to run just give me a time and what you want to run and I will add it on.

Thanks
twodavez
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2009, 06:32:30 PM »

do  you really think the toureneys for COD & L4D will take 3 hours each? I'm not sure i want to devote that much time to playing those games. There will be lots of Demigod & TF2 going on that i prefer...
twodavez
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2009, 06:34:23 PM »

And what does it mean by locking the doors? is that a no-one in/no-out out time for security reasons? Not that i plan on leaving for anything, but i'm just wondering how things work.
Thanks and sorry for having so many questions, i'm just a planner and need to know things prior so i can ensure i've planned enough for them  Huh
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2009, 07:13:07 PM »

do  you really think the toureneys for COD & L4D will take 3 hours each? I'm not sure i want to devote that much time to playing those games. There will be lots of Demigod & TF2 going on that i prefer...

That amount of time is set aside so that we start tournaments on schedule.  It may not take that long for the tournaments.  However, depending on how many people sign up, it could take that long for all the rounds to be played -- I seem to remember one COD tournament taking this long because the teams were so closely matched.   It doesn't mean that you will be playing the entire time though.  We will have other games going on at the time of tournaments because not everyone wants to play in every tournament.  We have a white board for posting games that you want to play and we can make an announcement as well.  

We lock the gates and door after dark for security reasons.  However, if you wish to leave, Brent (our security person) can let you out the door. At the lan, we will also provide you with a phone number that you can use if you need to re-enter after the gates have been locked.  If you plan to arrive after the gates are locked, then please PM one of the staff and we will provide you with that number ahead of time.  We've done this at every LAN and it has never been an issue.

twodavez
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2009, 07:56:03 PM »

Security sounds like a great idea, i just wasn't sure what it all included.
Thanks for the clarification! 53 people registered! how much space do you have? (will the event sell out?)
I'm excited, can't wait till SATURDAY!
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2009, 08:01:12 PM »

We have room for walk-ins in the main room,  and a room for over-flow if needed.  If you are pre-paid, then we reserve a spot for you in the main room.  All other seats are a first-come, first-serve basis.
Nacelle
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 10:49:37 AM »

When you say there's room for walk-ins in the main room, what kind of number are we talking about? 2, 10, 25 seats? An exact number isn't necessary. My son told me his friend is thinking of coming with us. Just wanted to know how close we are to main room being full.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2009, 01:55:24 PM »

When you say there's room for walk-ins in the main room, what kind of number are we talking about? 2, 10, 25 seats? An exact number isn't necessary. My son told me his friend is thinking of coming with us. Just wanted to know how close we are to main room being full.

There's room for 20 or so walk-ins.   Don't worry, we'll work it out so you all can sit together. 
twodavez
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2009, 05:35:01 PM »

I'm ready now! lets do this party!  Grin
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx