Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 05:58:01 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Computer Gaming Club @ Indiana University LAN War XVII  (Read 24323 times)
+RoboRaptor
« on: October 16, 2009, 06:45:22 AM »

The Computer Gaming Club @ Indiana University Bloomington will be hosting our 17th biannual LAN war on November 14th. Come join us for some frag & swag at Briscoe Quad from12 pm noon to 12 pm noon the next day.
Dinner and energy drinks provided, as usual, as well as tournies (with prizes!) and tons of raffles! Free swag from our fabulous sponsors! $15 admission fee covers all of the above. Register your seat NOW at www.iugaming.com/events.cfm

Public/Non-students welcome! Be a part of this heavily sponsored, 200-man(or woman) LAN!

www.iugaming.com/sponsors.cfm

P.S. It's only like 3 hours away!
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2009, 10:50:09 AM »

WOW... looks like a great LAN.  How many people do you usually get?
+RoboRaptor
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2009, 10:59:16 AM »

~170 is a pretty good average- there was one LAN last year where we had 200 people registered, and then about 20 people on a waitlist. We tried to accommodate them all which turned out to be a mistake... woops! But other than that, they're usually quite successful, and tons o' fun!
Thanks for your reply :]

p.s. here's a link to our gallery from last spring's LAN: http://www.iugaming.com/forums/gallery/album.php?album_id=1 if you're interested  Smiley
twodavez
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2009, 12:42:12 PM »

I know Garfi3ld & JJSky 5000 (Radio Mod) are planning on attending and have in the past. They said it was a good time. I'd love to come, but we're having our annual Football & Chili Party that weekend. I'm interested in the next one. I Love IU And the time i spent there, it's aways fun going back to visit. Little 500 is the best weeekend ever!
RoboRaptor, you might wnat to post some info on LANOC.org as that's also about 3-4 hours away, and they have a good following of gamers!
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2009, 03:12:06 PM »

I will plan to make this. Just gotta let Cytgo know I wont make his LAN Ohio event. To bad Modern Warefare 2 wont be on on PC for the LAN. Anyone else intersted in going as I refuse to drive up by myself, 3 hour car ride is to much for me driving by myself (it gets boring).
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2009, 03:31:58 PM »

Oh man, I didn't realize this was the same day as LAN Ohio's event.  Cry
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2009, 04:16:08 PM »

I think I might go to this. sound like alot of fun.
+RoboRaptor
« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2009, 08:42:52 PM »

I know Garfi3ld & JJSky 5000 (Radio Mod) are planning on attending and have in the past. They said it was a good time. I'd love to come, but we're having our annual Football & Chili Party that weekend. I'm interested in the next one. I Love IU And the time i spent there, it's aways fun going back to visit. Little 500 is the best weeekend ever!
RoboRaptor, you might wnat to post some info on LANOC.org as that's also about 3-4 hours away, and they have a good following of gamers!
Yeah! JJ has some pretty fantastic case mods. I'm always amazed by them when he brings them to the LAN.  Glad to hear we have some common ground Cheesy Sorry you have to miss our fall LAN, but you can plan to see us in the Spring! Last year we had ours on Little 5 weekend, so you could proverbially kill two birds with one stone ;]  I love it here, too, so I'm glad you enjoyed the time you spent. Smiley Hope to see you in the spring!
p.s. thanks for the tipoff! I'll go register at LANOC right now :}

@Plague- Hope you can make it! Looking forward to seeing everyone :]
@JpWinkis- Hope to see you there, too!  Try and gather a carpool! Cheesy the more the merrier.

EDIT:  LANOC Won't let me register! I've tried like 6 times and it keeps giving me some string of errors after I click "register" and there appears to be no way to contact a webmaster...
twodavez
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2009, 01:36:34 PM »

I send a message to Garfi3ld via Steam. So hopefully he gets back with you. They just recently "upgraded" the LAN OC site and i dont think all the bugs have been worked out.
Thanks
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2009, 02:18:42 PM »

I can log into LAN OC, but when I make a post, it disappears.  So, I do think there are still some bugs.
garfi3ld
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2009, 12:21:15 AM »

robo I will look into the issue right away, I wasnt aware there was a problem. I will also make it easier to find an admin contact on the site Smiley
garfi3ld
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2009, 12:26:36 AM »

also Cra2hgirl shoot me a message on steam or something and so we can try to replicate your issue also
garfi3ld
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2009, 03:32:40 AM »

registration should be fixed, if its not please feel free to contact me at wes@lanoc.org
+RoboRaptor
« Reply #13 on: October 19, 2009, 03:40:02 PM »

Thanks a bunch for looking into my issue, Garfi3ld! I'll register later today, when I leave campus Smiley
And thank you to twodavez for being the middleman Smiley
garfi3ld
« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2009, 09:25:20 PM »

im just glad someone let me know, its not like I register on the site lol

It was a conflict with a registration validation plugin that we use to filter out spam having issues with our server. Funny how it worked when I set it up, but now its blocked. We need to upgrade our hosting soon.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx