Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 12:42:09 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Road Apple LAN New Years Eve LAN-Party!!  (Read 21968 times)
LAN-Lord
« on: November 21, 2009, 03:40:51 PM »

Road Apple is hosting another LAN-party!   New Years Eve LAN!!   Dec 31st 12pm - Jan 1st 8am!   12years of age and up!  Raffles, Tournaments for Consoles and PC! More Info will be posted as it becomes available!  
twodavez
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2009, 05:55:14 PM »

SPAM? The link doesn't work/takes you to a spam type site...
LAN-Lord
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2009, 07:20:16 PM »

i went in to modify it after the first initial post,      try that one   i also went up and changed the site again on the first post, it works now i checked it
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2009, 09:36:38 PM »

This website looks all like spam. You can post a Poster here but please no links
LAN-Lord
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2009, 11:49:03 AM »

ya, as renegade said, it does go to sorg operas website, the web admin has not made a link for the lan party yet, i will post link once it has been made, sorry for any confusion
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2009, 04:37:30 PM »

Congratulations theres still no useful info on this lan. Also is this going to be a 20 dollar lan with no prizes or structure were they bring in some belley dancer that looks like a crack whore and claim its the best lan ever? Will they have network switches or expect us to bring them like last time?
twodavez
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2009, 10:32:27 PM »

Congratulations theres still no useful info on this lan. Also is this going to be a 20 dollar lan with no prizes or structure were they bring in some belley dancer that looks like a crack whore and claim its the best lan ever? Will they have network switches or expect us to bring them like last time?

Maybe if you were a little more negative about this LAN they'd post something...
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2009, 11:40:36 PM »

Maybe if you were a little more negative about this LAN they'd post something...

Ok fine Ill be nicer. How much will the LAN Cost and will there be tournaments or is it going to just be free play all night. Also will this lan have the networking gear to run as last time Dayton Lanfest brough switeches for your event.
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2009, 01:36:47 AM »

Alas, my wife's birthday is Dec. 31.  I would be disowned if I went to that.  But hey, double party on my end!!!  WOOT!!

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
LAN-Lord
« Reply #9 on: December 13, 2009, 03:26:11 PM »

you know what we did have the switchs for our lan party i only ask if you could bring a gigabit switch to the lan because i thought that would have been better.   and yes i do have my own equipment now to host the lan party, and the attitude that im getting from nexus lan is the exact reason why i dont come to nexus lan anymore...   it bullshit thanks for the support guys!!  NOT!!   forther more the Road APple LAN party has been canceled due to venue issues..  have a nice freakin day!
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2009, 09:04:56 PM »

you know what we did have the switchs for our lan party i only ask if you could bring a gigabit switch to the lan because i thought that would have been better.   and yes i do have my own equipment now to host the lan party, and the attitude that im getting from nexus lan is the exact reason why i dont come to nexus lan anymore...   it bullshit thanks for the support guys!!  NOT!!   forther more the Road APple LAN party has been canceled due to venue issues..  have a nice freakin day!

WTF has this have to do with NeXus LAN?  You obviously have a beef with Winkis.  He is not part of NeXus LAN other than an attendee.  And he says it like it is about any LAN including this one.  Funny how you blame an entire group on the post of one person.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2009, 12:48:13 AM »

WOW Lan that is a shitty tude man.  Winkis is 1 person not the leader of a group.   To take it out on a group of people for 1 persons opnion is worse dude.    Thought better of you man.    Way off base. 

You have not shown up to 1 event since the change in leadership so you have no clue how things are going etc.  I have been to them all and they are doing just fine, and putting together a good event just like the previous staff did and as I feel that the next staff down the line will do.   Events like this staff changes happen a fair amount, and that is a good thing to be honest as its brings in new blood, and lets the tired blood take a break etc.   This is the only on going event in Dayton, has good sponsors, great local etc.   

Also don't go and go off about the thread being locked early on.  You yourself put in a typo and the link did in fact go to a spam site when you 1st posted.   Then when you changed the link it just went to a site that had no info about the lan.   The person that locked this had no clue who you were as you don't post here anymore, nor come to the lan anymore.  Looks like alot of poor planing on you or your staff on this event.

So get off your high horse, be a man and appologize to the group.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2009, 05:15:06 PM »

Rods right, check the tag, Im not staff so that doenst reflect Nexus. Ive always been really blunt about things that are good and bad about LANS but have not been graced with the skill to put them into a well written review like Cytog. There was like no info on the LAN and its not like anyones heard from you in forever so maybe i jumped on the subject to hard but still. Not cool.
LAN-Lord
« Reply #13 on: December 18, 2009, 03:22:51 PM »

ok im sorry to nexus and to everyone i offended, i was having a really bad day, i was keeping it in and i exploded on the forums.  i am currently working on getting another date set for the lan party, as well as a website because i cant seem to get the other web admin to set something up or host it....  i will keep you all posted, and once again i am sorry for blowing up like i did, its not like me to say anything when im offended as i do not like confrontation...   
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2009, 03:48:28 PM »

No Pressure, No Problem
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx