Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 16, 2024, 12:55:29 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2  (Read 12276 times)
z0id
« on: January 13, 2010, 01:44:40 PM »

Alright, so will this replace cod4 in the lan? because i have looked around at various mods/cracks that allow lan play.. so is it possible? also when will the next lan be?
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 05:15:28 PM »

I haven't heard/seen any actually realistically working hacks to allow LAN play so odds are no.

We are still working out the details for the next LAN.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
twodavez
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 06:44:58 PM »

I still have no intention of purchasing this game until it hits the $30 mark, and then i'm sure there will be something else out... Even though you get FANTASTIC Internet at your LAN's, i just don't see this being a game we ccould play in that setting. If you wanna play with your friends, you can simply play online from home... Tourneys would be a pain trying to set up server's online and getting the right people to see/join them.
COD4 freeze tag was interesting and annoying at times, but oberall a good realisic PFS game i think. Plus we can share the copies as neede for those people not into FPS's but still like to play what the majority is at the LAN.
sooth
Ronster Beater

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 06:51:47 PM »

I will not purchase this game period as they screwed us gamers in the butt

Top winner at NEXUS LAN VII! Cheesy
Sponsor of NEXUS LAN 14
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 09:12:16 PM »

I agree with Sooth.  Not going to buy this game due to how crappy they have/are treating the PC gamers.   Game got its success on the PC, but they forgot all that and only really care about the console people.  Game is such a direct crap port to the PC anyway.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
GetSomE
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2010, 10:56:13 PM »

+1 for Sooth and Renegade! All I have to say is, even if there was a viable hack and crack for the game I wouldn't play it at the lan. I played the SP and that is enuff for me.
330T
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2010, 07:00:50 PM »

i know its not out yet, but... maybe battlefield 2??
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2010, 08:43:12 PM »

Referring to Bad Company 2?   It will not have local dedicated servers.  The dedicated servers will have to be rented from a hosting company on the net so local lan will be out, and you would have to run a tourney over the net on a rented server.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
330T
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2010, 03:55:36 PM »

Referring to Bad Company 2?   It will not have local dedicated servers.  The dedicated servers will have to be rented from a hosting company on the net so local lan will be out, and you would have to run a tourney over the net on a rented server.

yeah thats what i was talking about... thought they had dedicated servers... wtf is wrong with game companies anymore
z0id
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2010, 01:54:13 PM »

So i take it cod4 again this time? Is it gonna be freeze tag or normal?
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2010, 03:15:00 AM »

Most likely normal as that is currently winning the vote.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Ronster
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2010, 12:51:58 PM »

i wasnt going to buy the game neither but since im no longer in any clans and dont play much any more i decided to go ahead and buy the game and im glad i did. sure its got its flaws but the game itself is really good and lots of fun. i havent had any issues with pings at all and playing with my friends hasnt been an issue at all. playing this at a lan probably a little harder to do cause your gonna have to play through the internet but it can be done.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx