Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 20, 2024, 11:24:01 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2  (Read 16311 times)
z0id
« on: February 08, 2010, 02:04:33 PM »

I think i'd just throw my 2 cents in about how we should have mw2 be the console tournament.. thats it Cheesy
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 05:45:39 PM »

Problem with mw2 on console is also NO lan play.   So every player would need a console and a xboxlive gold account to play.   Not something that works good at a lan party.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
z0id
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2010, 07:28:27 PM »

not sure where youve read that because it has system link which is 4players on each screen which means 8 players just like halo...
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2010, 09:47:59 PM »

hmm could of sworn there was no system link but just read there is but also noted this about system link "System Link, only one person per console." so that would make it still needing 1 console per person ug lame IW.

Stupid things that IW did on that game never cease to amaze.

MW2 is tottally fubared from the ground up for doing LAN Tournaments PC or Console, unless you got a crap load of consoles or can get everyone to bring one in which is hard to get people to do with consoles but they are ok bringing PC's never understood that one.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
z0id
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2010, 08:42:39 PM »

lol, there can be 4 players on 1 console for system link. i own both ps3 and xbox versions, but either way IW did fuck the game to peices.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2010, 09:12:30 PM »

Have you tried playing 4 players on 1 console on system link on mw2?  From what I read you can play 4 players online but when you try to play local lan system link it will only allow 1 per console.

Would be good to know if can or cant.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2010, 03:41:08 PM »

That sucks, I think Jelli was planning on this...BTW, I'll have to miss out on this LAN, I'll definately be at the next one. I'll look into it and edit.

EDIT- (offline) Sys link 1/Xbox. All versions must have the same (recent) updates. Or 4 player Split-screen (but that never works out well).

I'm back. Kinda. Maybe. Been sleep since Nexus LAN 3.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2010, 03:43:57 PM »

This is the console tourney: http://www.nexuslan.org/event_details.php#tournaments

Sorry you can't make the LAN, we'll catch you at the next one!
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx