Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin March 28, 2024, 04:07:23 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: PC COD4 Maps  (Read 20025 times)
worph
« on: June 03, 2008, 07:20:34 PM »

http://pc.ign.com/articles/878/878484p1.html

coming out right before the LAN, or just 2 days from now. update your map cycles to include these.

also, 1.6 is supposed to have a killcam feature so if you get killed by a grenade, the camera takes the view of the grenade up to the point it explodes. lulz.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2008, 07:37:33 PM »

Cool thanks for the link!

If we get these in time we will add them to our normal play servers but will not be added to the tournament server obviously.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2008, 07:51:29 PM »

I would assume during a tourney kill cam will be turned off as it gives away positions.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2008, 08:07:33 PM »

Nice find. Ive been dying for a new patch with maps. This Killcam sounds fun too.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 08:09:17 PM »

Yeah IF there are no issues right away from the patch I will upgrade the servers to 1.6 but going to watch the net for a day before I do it.   The maps will be added to the rotation for sure probably more then once with different modes so they pop up more often as they are new.

I would say plan to be 1.6 for the tournaments though.

As for the grenade kill cam I would assume the killcam off setting turns both off but will check into it.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
worph
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2008, 05:04:03 AM »

new maps are pretty cool.

i can already tell killhouse will be our new shotgun tag map
LAN-Lord
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 05:54:56 AM »

new maps? thats awesome!  Just in time for our LAN party! This should be interesting!
Delta
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2008, 10:03:56 PM »

Creek and Chinatown AKA Carentan gone asian, are going to prolly be the most popular of the new maps!
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2008, 10:26:00 PM »

I only got to play creek and loved the side I got to see. Couldnt get to the enemy side LOL. I hear killbox will be the new shotgun map. I cant wait to play the new maps at the lan during free play
Delta
« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2008, 03:50:04 AM »

I only got to play creek and loved the side I got to see. Couldnt get to the enemy side LOL. I hear killbox will be the new shotgun map. I cant wait to play the new maps at the lan during free play

Nah KillHouse(box) is a sprey and prey.... map sux
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 06, 2008, 12:41:08 PM »

Killhouse is a big nade fest. 

Creek was fun, there are 3 ways to get  to each side.  Through the dry creek bed, through the cave, and over the hillside.  Had a blast on that map.

China Town is a nice mix of a medium sized map with a lot of hiding spots.  Fun map!

Broadcast is a pretty neat office building with a couple small buildings outside.  Fun map, but not as many hiding spots.

If you are wanting a frag fest, go with Killhouse.  Sniper map is Creek.  China town would probably make the best Team Death match map.  And Broadcast is a good mix of all of them.

Overall, Creek is my favorite map, and I am not much of a sniper.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2008, 03:39:22 PM »

It may take a few to put it together but Chinatown is the layout of Carentan from COD2 map.
Delta
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2008, 10:02:28 PM »

Creek and Chinatown AKA Carentan gone asian, are going to prolly be the most popular of the new maps!

It may take a few to put it together but Chinatown is the layout of Carentan from COD2 map.
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2008, 08:03:47 AM »

I am very well know to miss posts. but at least I don't miss LANs Smiley
Delta
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2008, 07:27:42 PM »

I am very well know to miss posts. but at least I don't miss LANs Smiley

I may have missed the lan, but i didnt miss the party up at OSU and the Drunken Midnight Swim with the ladies!
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx