Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 12, 2024, 06:21:32 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Resignation  (Read 7332 times)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2011, 09:36:23 PM »

As many of you know, I have been very busy with work and other commitments.  Due to these reasons, I have decided to step down as director of NeXus LAN. I feel I am unable to give more attention to the organization that it needs. This will also give myself more time with my family including at the LANs.

Dave (Renegade) will now again head up all major operations of NeXus LAN.  I will still be involved but only for hosting and administration of the website and forums.  And Crashgirl, our daughter, and I will still be attending as many of the LANs as possible.

If you have any questions for staff or the LAN please forward all of them now to Renegade. The email address info@nexuslan.org will also be sent to him. If you have questions or comments that involves the website or forums, feel free to continue to contact me.

I have really enjoyed being a major part of one of the best LAN Parties in the area for the last 3 years!

Thank you,

Rod

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2011, 01:43:04 AM »

Hello everyone,

I would like to thank Action (Rod) and his staff who have done a FANTASTIC job on the LAN in the past 3+ years!!!  I can only hope that we the new and on going staff can do as good, and keep the LAN going and hopefully find ways to better NeXus LAN as a whole.

At this time I would like to announce the new / returning NeXus LAN staff members.

Cyphis
Denied
Red Dog
Renegade
Ronster
Rock8104
Tiny Elvis
Venus Wong

We the staff are actively getting names of community centers, senior centers, banquet halls etc so that I can start calling them in the area and try and find a new and hopefully permanent location for NeXus LAN.   We will be looking for a location that is close to food / hotels, can hold 75-150 gamers, has onsite tables, chairs, etc.   If anyone has any suggestions in the Huber, Troy, Kettering, Fairborn, Englewood etc areas please post the names and locations so we can check into them.

Our plan going forward once we have secured a location would be to have 2 Main Events each year, and on the 10 months that we do not have Main Events we will continue to have Mini LAN's at P3 Computers.

Renegade

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Denied
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2011, 04:17:08 AM »

Thanks for your time and effort Action.  I have enjoyed all the past mini/full-sized LANs, and was suprised how smoothly the full-sized LAN went.
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2011, 04:32:44 PM »

Thank you for all of your time and effort, Action.

Renegade, has anyone checked with the Ray Croc center just north of downtown?
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2011, 04:53:28 PM »

I have never heard of it Lincoln.  I will check into them.  Thank you for the suggestion.

UPDATE - I did call them, its the new place off 75 an route 4 I have seen it from the high way before.   Since they are new they are not allowing overnight events.  All events have to end at 11pm and then continue at 9am next morning.   So that ones kinda out for now.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2011, 05:49:29 PM »

Action thank you for all your hard work in with the past event, they were a great time every time.

I am looking forward to future events put together by the new staff.
garfi3ld
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2011, 02:58:15 AM »

Best of luck guys. Let me know if you need any help from us. We would be happy to support you in any way possible.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx