Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 11, 2024, 01:36:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: RIP Whempys LAN  (Read 9097 times)
cheatch
Camper

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2010, 12:08:50 AM »

http://www.whempyslan.org/

They canceled their January LAN because someone stole their brand new projector in December.  Now it looks like they are done for good.

I went to their LANs few times last year and was planning on going in January, it's really a shame that this happened to them.

I would recommend thinking about security at Nexus LAN cause this same situation can happen here too.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2010, 01:27:29 AM »

Although we can not guarantee anything and all the equipment brought to the lan is the attendee's responsbility, Mound St has 24 hour security cameras in about every corner of the entire facility including outside.  If someone steals or even attempts to steal something, they will be recorded.  These video feeds are also monitored in real time during the LAN. We take this very seriously, not only will offenders be banned from NeXus LAN for life, the police will be notified immediately.

That really sucks about Whempys. Please let us know if they catch the person and who it was.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 02:10:43 PM »

That is sad to hear still... Hopefully we can provide a good home to those that still need a place to hang out and work together to provide the best LAN's in the Dayton area.
Infamousd
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2010, 04:43:17 PM »

just one of the many reasons why I love Nexuslan! I feel "safer" about leaving equipment there knowing they have the security cameras, although I will never feel 100% safe anywhere (damn paranoia!!!)
330T
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2010, 07:10:06 PM »

its always sad to see a LAN shutdown, even more sad when its due to dishonesty.  Hope they get their gear back.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 07:47:15 PM »

Although we can not guarantee anything and all the equipment brought to the lan is the attendee's responsbility, Mound St has 24 hour security cameras in about every corner of the entire facility including outside.  If someone steals or even attempts to steal something, they will be recorded.  These video feeds are also monitored in real time during the LAN. We take this very seriously, not only will offenders be banned from NeXus LAN for life, the police will be notified immediately.

That really sucks about Whempys. Please let us know if they catch the person and who it was.

Not to mention the police station is right across the street so the response time would be pretty quick.

Sorry to hear about Whempys.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx