Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 08, 2024, 06:09:56 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Group Paintball  (Read 12662 times)
spyware89
« on: May 11, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »

I know a couple people voiced interest in trying to get a group together to play the same day at the I70 paintball place that was kind enough to sponsor the last event. Searched on the forums but only found an old thread from 2009, so hopefully this isn't a double post.
Any one interested in trying to do this a day in June/July? If so, what days would be good/bad?
twodavez
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2012, 08:13:46 PM »

I know it's off topic (Kinda) but i live about 3 hours away, so coming down to play for a day isn't in the schedule. But i'd be interested in going before the next LAN, especially if it doesn't start till noon like they have been.

The rule would be, you'd have to wear your clothes from the paintball to the LAN so everyone could see where and how often you got shot... Just kidding, but it would be fun to meet up and shoot eachother in real life before the PC version!

Good luck with your outting! Hopefully I70 will sponsor Nexus again next time OR we could get a deeply discounted group rate from them since it would be on a Saturday which i'd assume is prime time for actually paying customer  Grin
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 12:31:21 PM »

I'd be willing.  I've never been paintballing before, but I have done wrist-rocket wars.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
spyware89
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2012, 07:03:06 PM »

Yeah, I didn't realize it was all the way back at Huber Heights, I'd be game for just doing it before another LAN I guess, though getting awfully sweaty and then going to a LAN seems like a recipe to piss off the people sitting around me.
twodavez
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 08:29:22 PM »

So i wanted to revive this topic since i see that the paintball place is sponsoring the LAN again. I'm not sure where in relation to the event the paintball place is at (I haven't researched that out yet), but would anyone be interested in meeting up prior to the LAN to do some paintballing if we could get a group rate or a deal?

I agree about the shower thing, but it might be fun to just go for a few games and not get too sweaty...

Thoughts?
spyware89
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2013, 08:34:13 PM »

I'm still interested. I think this place is basically between Columbus and Dayton on i70.
Boon
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2013, 01:02:31 AM »

yeah, Id be down, before a LAN or not..

"Call da Ambalamps!"

Www.twitch.tv/boonjob
shocka
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »

I'm down too, I just have to get both of my guns repaired... >___> lool  If I do get them repaired I will have a spare gun for someone to use. ^___^
spyware89
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 05:48:49 PM »

I'm down too, I just have to get both of my guns repaired... >___> lool  If I do get them repaired I will have a spare gun for someone to use. ^___^

What'cha packing?
shocka
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2013, 09:46:47 AM »

What'cha packing?

A Smart Parts SP-1 and a GoG G1.  Pretty much the same guns just a new name on the company.  How about you?
spyware89
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2013, 07:37:30 PM »

Nice. I will probably bring my spare Tippmann A5RT if i can get it to stop chopping balls.
spyware89
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2013, 04:53:43 PM »

As far as I can tell, this is where the paintball shop and at least the speedball couse is.
http://goo.gl/maps/vKCNv
about 30 minutes from the LAN location, not sure how this plays out for every one else, but it is basically directly in my path to the LAN place, so it would be easy to stop there in the morning before the lan, then continue on my way later. I didn't see the woodsball course on google maps, but it could be hidden there too. The speedball course actually looks kinda interesting, they do late night games on saturday using stadium lights. I'm not usually a huge fan of speedball, but I might have to check that out.
The prices look similar to other parks I have been to.
http://www.i70paintball.com/pricesandplay
code
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2013, 02:15:58 PM »

Here is a groupon for i70 Paintball for the people that go there.
http://www.groupon.com/deals/i70-paintball-7?c=link&d=all-deals-page&date=20130417&p=2&s=body&sid=d63ccc1a-f26c-48a3-852e-3862dcfdb5e1&user=e5398401e3854b7e6cdd906cfc9bff01e6a886aba6b310dcfb15da3024be95f5&utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter

gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx