Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 30, 2024, 04:03:06 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Spammer used PM on the forums  (Read 7668 times)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« on: February 11, 2010, 01:04:19 AM »

There was a spammer who had sent private messages to around 10-15 users of the forums.  If you get a PM about a virus on your machine or something, do not click the link this was from a spammer.  I removed all the PMs and added in some more conditions but just wanted to let everyone know in case this happens again.

GRRR--- spammers!

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 01:05:27 AM »

Also wanted to mention I upgraded the forum software to the latest version, although it probably was not the reason the spammer got in as I do not think it was a bot but actually a manual spam attempt.

[TC] Action
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 10:28:05 PM »

Wanted to update this:
If the forum shows you have new Private messages waiting but when you check you see nothing is new, let me know via a PM and I will reset your counter.  It is due to the fact I deleted all the PMs from the spammer but it does not update your unread status... the msg is just removed.

[TC] Action
Infamousd
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2010, 09:45:11 PM »

Thanks for all of your hard work man, spammers should all be thrown into a left 4 dead survival map and  well ....  left 4 dead?!!!   Angry

But just wanted to say thanks mostly!
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx