Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 21, 2024, 10:53:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print
Author Topic: What is the game that got you hooked on gaming?  (Read 30629 times)
Cra2hgirl
« on: January 07, 2009, 07:26:15 AM »

I am showing my age here, but WarcraftII did it for me.  I haven't played that game in ages, but I still have nightmares about fighting off orcs while hearing "jobs done".  LOL
virt
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2009, 02:41:17 PM »

Unreal Tournament 2003 Low-Grav Instagib.

Still love it.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2009, 06:56:04 PM »

Unreal Tournament 2003 Low-Grav Instagib.

Still love it.

I LOVE Instagib, but could do without the low grav.  Grin
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2009, 10:03:24 PM »

yeah I too like Instigib but not low gravity unless it is on one of those custom maps where you are all small and all the furniture is large, etc.  Then it is kinda neat.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2009, 10:13:44 PM »

Diablo 2 and Warcraft 2 I remeber lots of night staying up all night then going to school the next day in middle school.
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2009, 11:59:08 PM »

Wow, you guys didn't REALLY go too Old School.  The game that got me into gaming.........drumroll inserted here.........

BARD's TALE

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 03:56:30 AM »

First Game i used to play on the COmputer with my dad was Eye of the Beholder and Dark Moon. Those are clasics But the are HARD as hell if you try playing them now.
virt
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2009, 07:53:59 PM »

Wow, you guys didn't REALLY go too Old School.  The game that got me into gaming.........drumroll inserted here.........

BARD's TALE

XD  I mean, to be honest, I had an SNES that I played religiously growing up- but it wasn't until I got my own PC that I really started to consider it a lifestyle rather than something I would do with just a few friends.
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 07:19:05 PM »

I'll let some one guess mine...(not that hard)

If you are not doing something to its maximum, why do it?
XBL: JeLLITYMe
Same tag for Steam, Origin, psn etc.
Uptime podcast host:uptime.podomatic.com
Infamousd
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2009, 07:41:38 PM »

ZORK  anyone?

now that's how old I am...  or for that matter, pacman was the first real video game I ever played, that wasn't just text, on a regular (read daily) basis. Of course I was lucky enough to work in a video arcade at a very young age, starting in 1980 then thru the mid 90's.

i think a better question might be what game has you hooked ATM?
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 22, 2009, 06:59:03 AM »

PC wise COD5 but I have been playing alot of PS3 games lately with Resistance 2 mostly.

Looking forward to some good PC games this year.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
virt
« Reply #11 on: January 22, 2009, 02:45:51 PM »

I'm currently into Gears of War 2 and Left 4 Dead on the 360 are my two primary games at the moment.
Heffernan
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2009, 04:14:19 AM »

commodore computer games, can even remember, tho could go dig em out of the attick.  aww shitz did i line myself up for one.
Modious
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2009, 05:49:44 AM »

Duke Nukem 3D
330T
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2009, 06:27:14 PM »

Duke Nukem 3D

Thank You..  It was Duke / Doom (Played in college on a Token Ring Network) that first got me hooked.  Then Rainbow 6 was the game that forced me to get a ISDN line?  Remember those?  After that was Half Life (first basement LAN) Then CS Mod.

Things got quite then, Quake, and Unread came out played those in basement lans.  Then BattleField 1942 again got hooked. DC Mod, all the other add ons for BF. again things got quite again.  Then comes COD3, COD4, and Now COD5 and L4D..

Never really got into Half Life 2 just was not as good as the first HL Sad
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx