Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 11, 2024, 05:09:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mumble Chat Server  (Read 8241 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: September 24, 2010, 07:01:06 PM »

Due to some issues etc with Ventrilo and that Ventrilo is no longer the best chat app out there just the most used we are looking at other solutions besides Ventrilo for WAN and LAN Chat for NeXus LAN.

With that being said I have setup a new open source client/server called "Mumble"

Really nice app, alot of work going on with it since it is open sourse.

Has a very neat feature called overlay that will over lay the names of people in channel onto the game your playing an highlight the person talking so you know who it is.  Love it!

So with that being said I have Vent still running but also have mumble up an running as well.

Please download the mumble client, and check it out.   You can DL the client at http://sourceforge.net/projects/mumble/files/  Mumble home page http://mumble.sourceforge.net/

Server address: mumble.p3computers.net
Server Port: 64738

I have also posted a Mumble Installation Guide as well

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
AceNightBlade
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2010, 02:05:30 PM »

Hmm, this is odd. I was able to connect fine and have a chat with you guys, but now after I registered and everything, It doesn't allow me to connect. "Wrong password for registered users" At this point im thinking, There was a password? I hope I didn't do anything wrong haha.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2010, 03:08:51 PM »

Are you on the same PC?  ORr did you change PC's?

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2010, 03:20:59 PM »

OK I removed you as a registered user.    You do not have to register.   All registering allows you is to lock your user name to your certificate that you created on the PC, and to have admin functions added to your account if your allowed to have thos.

Dunno why it was doing that with the password deal but should be fixed.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2010, 03:14:50 AM »

We WILL be changing over to Mumble very very soon so check it out etc and it will be used at the LAN as well.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx