Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 17, 2024, 02:42:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Kind of neat... remember the toolbelt lost in space?  (Read 6303 times)
Cra2hgirl
« on: May 19, 2009, 01:50:25 PM »

I saw this in my daughter's magazine and I thought it was kind of neat that you can now track the toolbelt....

On Nov. 18, 2008, spacewalking astronaut Heidemarie Stefanyshyn-Piper dropped her backpack-sized toolbag and it floated away from the International Space Station. The errant bag, about as big as a hiker's backpack, is now orbiting Earth. It is visible through binoculars and small telescopes.

If you go to this link, you can track the toolbelt.
http://www.n2yo.com/?s=33442

It's moving pretty darn fast... I hope it gets close enough to us again that we can see it with our telescope. It is suppose to make it's firey descent to earth sometime in June of this year (next month)

Cra2hgirl
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 03:50:31 PM »

Even cooler ....

There is a button for 5 day prediction... if you click on that, Check the box to show ALL passes (visible and not visible), and then click on draw map for those days, it will show all the dates that the toolbelt will be visible.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx