Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 17, 2024, 03:20:56 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Champions Online  (Read 9136 times)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2009, 06:55:35 PM »

Anyone here playing or going to play Champions Online.  I know Cyphis is playing it and he showed it to me last night. Though, I had to admit I am not too fond of the graphics.  It looks so 1990s to me.  But the game play does look cool.  I do like the idea of how customized you can make your characters...  but again I can not get over the graphics.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2009, 06:04:17 PM »

Well, the graphics are far from being 1990's.  They are made to look like a comic book and have very vivid colors to boot.  This is INTENTIONAL!!  They wanted a superhero game to, surprisingly enough, look like a comic book.  I think if you believe them to be that outdated, you may want to take another look at them.  I don't mind the graphics at all, and I am a pretty big graphics person myself.  However, Action is correct when he mentions the extensive character creation methods you can implement.  That is probably my favorite part of the games, and I was not disappointed in the least.

At level 5, after the tutorial, you can train and get your travel power.  From regular flight, to teleportation, to tunneling, this is a nice add to the game.  Another big plus is that when you go into the area to train up on your skills and all, you can change them at any time before you leave that area, and they have rooms to practice the skills you choose before you absolutely commit to them.  that is very nice.  Then if you don't like your power or skill, you can respec on it before you leave the training house for free.  If you have ones you previously trained on and you don't like them, you can still respec, but you have to pay for them then.

The game is absolutely a blast to me, which keeps me coming back.  I like WoW, I like LOTRO, and I like Champions.  All good games, all different in graphic style, all worthy of playing.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2009, 06:39:44 PM »

I think I am going to try Aion Later this month. As of now I got back into Diablo 2 and WoW
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2009, 07:04:13 PM »

Well, the graphics are far from being 1990's.  They are made to look like a comic book and have very vivid colors to boot.  This is INTENTIONAL!!  They wanted a superhero game to, surprisingly enough, look like a comic book.  I think if you believe them to be that outdated, you may want to take another look at them.  I don't mind the graphics at all, and I am a pretty big graphics person myself.  However, Action is correct when he mentions the extensive character creation methods you can implement.  That is probably my favorite part of the games, and I was not disappointed in the least.The game is absolutely a blast to me, which keeps me coming back. 
Yeah I know it was intentional. When you first described it, I was thinking something like Team Fortess 2 graphics, which honestly I do not mind, but when I saw it I was instantly reminded of some 1993 retro side scrolling game from the Amiga.  Though with all that said, the game play does seem cool.  I just need nice fancy graphics these days to enterain me.  For example, which is one reason I rarely play my Wii.

[TC] Action
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2009, 09:20:03 PM »

Just a note, I really did not like the TF2 graphics and think that the game was a waste of money.  Along wit UT3.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2009, 11:00:35 PM »

Just a note, I really did not like the TF2 graphics and think that the game was a waste of money.  Along wit UT3.
Yeah that was why I was kinda surprised you liked Champions as the graphics are cartoony just like TF2 (actually even more).

[TC] Action
Infamousd
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2009, 02:47:38 PM »

so those in the know please tell me how this game differs from city of heroes? (never played it, heard too many bad things about the game)
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx