Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 02, 2024, 01:29:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Apple iPad  (Read 8901 times)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 27, 2010, 07:04:49 PM »

So who all is going to get an Apple iPad?  I probably will.  Especially since it already will run all iPhone/iPod Touch Apps as well as new apps designed specifically for it.

I am concerned though, now that this is a really good larger screen gaming device, will developers stop making games for the iPhone?

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2010, 06:40:56 AM »

Its pretty I will give them that.  But it has several glaring issues.

1 - No flash support when browsing.  Big issue.

2 - Can only run 1 app at a time just like the iphone and itouch.  Another big issue.

3 - It has no camera for taking pics or video conf.  This is not a huge deal but something that should of been in it when most laptops an netbooks have them.

Main reason most get an iphone or itouch is the small poratable size put it in your pocket and go.  This unit is not one thats good for that.  It will be nice to use around the house, but you can get a full laptop with a real keyboard, flash support, multitasking etc for the same or less.

At this time until they come out with an OS that runs multiple apps, and add flash support I just can't see it being worth the bang for the buck.

Its cool, pretty, but is lacking several basic functions it should have right outta the box.

Wait till 2nd gen.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2010, 01:38:47 AM »

Yeah that really sucks for no built in camera.  It would be a very good video conference device.  I do not understand why they would not add that.  It is not like it would take up too much more room.  Odd.

I browse a lot on my iPhone even in the house, so I can see myself doing this quite a bit with an iPad.  Also to remote control PCs, etc.  Talk about a nice remote Smiley  

The flash issue is kinda silly too.  I think this is more an Adobe issue, but might be resolved in a future upgrade as is rumored for the iPhone and iPod Touch.  

The multi-tasking does not bother me as it does not on my iPhone.  I'd rather have stability to be honest on a device such as this.  This is not a PC replacement.  It is more of an additional tool or toy Smiley

Definitely not bad for the price.  But as I tend to do, I'll probably wait until the 2nd gen too as I did with the iPhone (actually 3rd gen).

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
cytog64
Camper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2010, 04:45:02 PM »

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1928558

expresses my opinion on this one : )

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2010, 07:53:17 PM »

Tog,

That was great!!! Love it.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
330T
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2010, 07:05:32 PM »

Wait till 2nd gen.

^ ditto
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 12:25:50 AM »

Just a large Ipod Touch.  No thank you.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx