Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 14, 2024, 08:54:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Nexus Lan in 2009 ?  (Read 10754 times)
Infamousd
« on: January 08, 2009, 02:00:20 PM »

Soooooo, is there plans to have a Nexus LAN this year anytime soon?   Grin

Just checking...
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2009, 02:16:46 PM »

We are working on getting the Right place set up run LANs from now on. There Will Be a LAN sometime Were hopeing for FEb/March then more to come.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2009, 09:05:59 PM »

Yep.  Goal is next Official LAN in Feb or March.

But until then, the primary goal right now is to grow our community and the website.  So please everyone get all your friends involved in this forum and website and LANs will come naturally as well as other meetups and events.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Infamousd
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2009, 07:42:47 PM »

so did the location you guys were using fold in? Because I thought it was a great place myself. From a play's perspective that is.
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2009, 10:12:16 PM »

We are always open to suggestions. Our location is good but we might find ur location better who knows. Trust me if anyone has any suggestions on places Action or I can look into them.
lan-apperntice
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2009, 10:54:29 PM »

We are always open to suggestions. Our location is good but we might find ur location better who knows. Trust me if anyone has any suggestions on places Action or I can look into them.

dude theres this thing called trentons fishermans club in middletown its pretty nice u could host it there??? and is it gonna have PC's pwease
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2009, 06:51:37 AM »

so did the location you guys were using fold in? Because I thought it was a great place myself. From a play's perspective that is.
Yeah Mound St is/was great.  The main issues right now with it is the lack of internet connection (that we can use) as well as hours.  There was just too much setup and take down time required which cut into LAN hours. We really needed to fill the place up to cover costs, especially with the cost of cellular internet service. We are looking into alternative location(s) that are plug and play if you will.

Also should add we are discussing/planning a very large LAN (over 250) sometime this year or next.  We have a location for that and more but is as you can imagine costly so before we can commit to something like that we need a large community & interest.

[TC] Action
Heffernan
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2009, 04:12:25 AM »

helloo new nexlus lan peeps , sorry i couldnt make it to the last lan. Much to much happening at the time for me. But as suggestions go about where to hold a lan party. I hardly think it has been explored very much , even if you was to think it has. Heres an opener. A lot churchs have places. Some are way into makeing the bucks tho. but something can be arranged at times , as in think outside of the box. Theres one at ginghamsburg church and i seen one at vandalia on 25a  , Actually a good step would be to hold a lan at serveral locations in the miami valley area per say, and that will get more notice. Then pick a regular place to have it. One lone location, one lil website just will not cut it . I do think tho that if you could acquire some affiliation with the school there or some religious org. or some local org , you will have a better chance at increaseing attendance. Gosh folks i hate to talk like that when im not of personal help. But anyhow's heres an opinion. OH yeah , Hmmm how a lan party at a uaw hall in dayton. I can vouch for that.   UAW MEMBER
Modious
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2009, 05:51:54 AM »

Do we really need an internet connection? I think most lans they dont offer that, you are expected to have everything ready to go before you show up (Steam, etc.)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2009, 09:53:35 AM »

For Medium LANs some form of internet connection is a must otherwise you will loose interest from some people.  It is one of the largest complaints I hear when attending a LAN that does not have or poor internet.  You can get away with it technically but you will loose some attendance for future LANS.

Small LANs are not really as much of an issue.

For a good venue you need these top things:

1) One big open area (room)
2) Enough power without triping breakers
3) Internet connection
4) Enough good tables, chairs, etc.

Next not as important but definitley a bonus

1) Pre-wired to each table (including switchs and equipment)
2) Vending Machines or some form of getting snacks, drinks, etc
3) And of course low cost (member of a UAW for example)

[TC] Action
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx