Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin June 17, 2024, 10:22:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: multi-game tournament  (Read 8884 times)
gamerking91
« on: April 08, 2009, 07:26:34 AM »

does anyone else think a multiple game tournament would be fun becuase i think it would. it would be more about all around gaming if u had different game types and say u were good at most but really bad at one type it would make it that much more heartpounding.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2009, 10:51:08 AM »

Sort of like a triathlon of gaming?  That's an interesting concept.
Infamousd
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2009, 11:54:05 AM »

The " Quick and The Dead" contest used to be held at SOGA back in the early days of LANs.

Intel provided 2 complete identical systems full of the latest and greatest hardware, and we (the SOGA staff) would load the machines with various games- several first person shooters, some simple arcade games or a racing game, then the final battle would be decided by a real time strategy like age of empires or red alert. Then thru a matrix of gaming rounds, where each round we played a different game, we whittled down the competitors until we could crown a champion of all!

The one single drawback of this style of contest was the length of time it took. we would have 30+ people to schedule and probably 5 to 7 rounds of elimination. (think of march madness) It would take most of the night (2 day LAN) to finish. We then had a trophy that each winner was allowed to keep until the next party. If said winner brought it back to the next party they were allowed free admission. they were also allowed to mark or engrave their victory into the trophy as a legacy to their awesomeness.

I'm sure that there are tons of other contests like this being held across the globe, just thought I'd share this experience in the hopes of generating some more though into this subject.

On the flip side Intel may still be able to provide gaming systems for trial use during LAN parties, or at least line of a sponsor to provide them. However it would seem that because of the multitude of console rigs in place maybe a console contest would be easier to hold.

Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2009, 02:06:20 PM »

Yeah I was thinking this would be best for when we move to multi-day events.  But definitely a good idea.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2009, 02:12:46 PM »

Very Cool Idea. I like it. But the Time factor would limit it at our LAN's. We would have have like 3 game types. And Everyone that wante to be involved in this would have to be there right at the start of the LAN.

I will see what I can do about the LAN after the June LAN. I think we could make it work for our short LAN.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx