Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 28, 2024, 03:32:02 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: The Hobbie update!!  (Read 10096 times)
TinyElvis
l33t

Thank you very much!

View Profile WWW
« on: November 05, 2011, 05:40:59 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHF536TJ0iE&feature=player_embedded
twodavez
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2011, 06:38:53 AM »

Very Very Cool!
5K? wow!
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2011, 11:26:28 PM »

It's awesome that they are filming the entire thing from the get-go in 3D instead of post-production like everybody else has been doing.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 01:47:40 AM »

It's awesome that they are filming the entire thing from the get-go in 3D instead of post-production like everybody else has been doing.
Actually there are a few that do this.  If the movie says real 3d on it credits or advertised at the theatre it should be 3D while filming and not an after production implimentation.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2011, 02:41:39 AM »

Actually there are a few that do this.  If the movie says real 3d on it credits or advertised at the theatre it should be 3D while filming and not an after production implimentation.

It was meant to be a broad sweeping thoughtless generalization.  I'll narrow it down to this: Everyone in the whole wide world who ever made any kind of 3D movie at any time in history made it post-production...except Peter Jackson.  Grin

Kidding.  Grin

In all seriousness, the number of those film-makers who did 3D right is fewer than those who didn't.  That was all I was trying to say.   Cry
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2011, 06:01:07 AM »

You cant go by the real 3d logo anymore.  Brad told me how they are cheating that now also.   They came up with a process to convert to 3d that was done by real 3d group and they use the real 3d logo on those movies also now.

I hate 3d anymore, WAY over used and over hyped.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2011, 02:20:08 PM »

I agree.  I am so sick of 3D movies.  I mean, the remake of Clash of the Titans was bad enough as a regular film, but making it 3D was just rediculous.  And the cartoon movies in 3D.....Really?  Instead of spending the money on making the movie 3D, I say spend the money on making a better film.  3D does not make the film.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
cr0wmium
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2012, 11:14:13 PM »

I think it is a bit bittersweet The Hobbit is going to be in 3D... I also think it is overrated. Sad

But still... THE HOBBIT. I am working on a Gandalf outfit right now... (Yea, super nerd.)
twodavez
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2012, 02:16:30 PM »

So you're telling me that Titanic isn't in REAL 3-D?  Cry

Then i'm for sure not going to see it!  Tongue
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2012, 02:44:37 PM »

Yeah Titantic was shot in 2d so it's a conversion.  Only way it would not be a conversion would be for them to re-shoot the movie.   And convesions while they are getting better are no where near as good as a movie shot in 3d from the ground up.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx