Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 16, 2024, 07:35:43 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Pizza Delivery?  (Read 25183 times)
twodavez
« on: March 09, 2012, 07:28:57 PM »

What happened to the $5 single topping pizza dinner time? I really liked this feature of Past LANs. It was always fun watching the Dominoes person haul in 50 pizzas!
Is this someone can work on bringing back? or was there a certian reason it was removed as a part of the LAN? It sure was nice to not have to worry about finding a place, ordering, figuring Tip, and not to mention the 10 trips it took for that store to send over pizzas.
finally once the first people start eating, the smell is amazing, fills up the room, and you're food can't get here quick enough.

I'd be willing to help with this venture if the staff is short on man power.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 07:46:30 PM »

I will look into this with the local domino's.  One reason we did this at Mound Street was the lack of local food around the location.  With all the options around our new location we didnt see this as needed.   

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
twodavez
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 07:51:57 PM »

This is what i'm talking about!

And i understand that there are alot of food options, but i just hated seeing the poor Pizza Hut Driver show up 10 times all with-in an hour. Plus i think by working together we can lower the cost and have more money for Bawls!

thanks for looking into it and i'm sure we could get a survey on here to see how much interest there would be.
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 03:48:50 PM »

It wouldn't hurt to do it. I'm sure there would be a good amount of people that order pizza if it was being brought to them.
Brandonxcore
Camper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2012, 06:45:40 PM »

I ordered the big ten special from Cousin Vinny's last time, so worth it Wink

MY RIG SPECS:
NZXT Phantom Newegg Edition
Gigabyte P67X-UD3-B3
Intel Core i5 2500k
EVGA GTX 295 Co-Op
Cooler Master Hyper 212+
Mushkin Joule 1200w
twodavez
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 07:57:27 PM »

I ordered the big ten special from Cousin Vinny's last time, so worth it Wink

Well lets see if we can all get a deal and order 50 of them this time around? I'm just saying we have the purchasing power to get some deals, so lets try to get them. I don't mean to burden the staff with this task, but it seems like whenever someone announces they are going to order, no one says anything or says they just ordered and we end up seeing the pizza hut delivery guy like 10 times. If we combine the order, they might throw in some wings or something  Grin
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 08:38:56 PM »

Ok I talked to Dominos.   They will deliver no special pricing though.   It is $5.99 per medium pizza when 2 or more are ordered.   For large orders they ask we give them a 3 hour notice.

So it would be $5.99 per pizza plus tip for the driver.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Jpwinkis
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 10:17:48 PM »

Little Ceasers would be Large for $5. I thought Domios did a $5 deal.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 11:46:43 PM »

Dominos deal is now 5.99 each.   Used to be 5.00 mediums.   Little Ceasars is 5.00 but you have to send people to go get them etc they do not deliver.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
twodavez
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 12:28:51 AM »

Dominos deal is now 5.99 each.   Used to be 5.00 mediums.   Little Ceasars is 5.00 but you have to send people to go get them etc they do not deliver.

They won't hook us up if we order 50 at a time? I'd be happy to call around some weekend when we get closer and find a deal, unless that's what you've already done.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 12:50:56 AM »

Yeah thats what I did was call the local dominos.   They didnt do any thing special for us before it was just the normal 5.00 1 topping deal that they had that was being ordered at NL 7/8.     The manager is supposed to be making a call and calling me back tomorrow again but said far as she knows she can only do what ever the special is at the time.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 01:47:28 PM »

I would check with Cousin Vinny's.  They have better pizza IMO and have awesome breadsticks.  Since they are one of the newer pizza places in town they may be more inclined to help out.  Also LaRosa's has pretty good pizza.  We could check with them as well.

My last thought on pizza places is Marco's.  I know they left Huber Heights, but they went to Fairborn and still deliver to Huber.  They have some of the best cheese for pizza. 

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
twodavez
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 04:51:57 PM »

I would check with Cousin Vinny's.  They have better pizza IMO and have awesome breadsticks.  Since they are one of the newer pizza places in town they may be more inclined to help out.  Also LaRosa's has pretty good pizza.  We could check with them as well.

My last thought on pizza places is Marco's.  I know they left Huber Heights, but they went to Fairborn and still deliver to Huber.  They have some of the best cheese for pizza. 

Marcos has the best cheesy bread too! I really can't imagine they wouldn't give us a deal for ordering that many pizzas, but i trust you've called and all that. I really don't care where the pizza comes from, i'm even sure we could pitch in an extra $1 a person for the pizzas and send our own delivery guy to pick up the pizzas if it's some place we're not in their delivery area.

Thanks for the work on the topic and lets just keep posting ideas. I think it would be cool to get a 6 ft subway sub, I know in the past it was about $2 a foot when you buy the big one, so that could be something to think about for a lunch option sunday... I just like the strength in numbers when ordering stuff!
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 08:12:33 PM »

Yeah thats what I did was call the local dominos.   They didnt do any thing special for us before it was just the normal 5.00 1 topping deal that they had that was being ordered at NL 7/8.     The manager is supposed to be making a call and calling me back tomorrow again but said far as she knows she can only do what ever the special is at the time.

The Dominos near the old locatin gave us the pizzas at $5 even after it went up to $5.99.  I know it's only $1, but hey that's $1, and they only asked that we gave them an hour notice.  I did call them the night before with an estimate of how many pizzas, but we only had to call the order in an hour in advance.   We also paid the tip and delivery fee out of the NeXus account, but you could easily divide that up and it wouldn't be much per person.  I myself prefer Dominos over Cousin Vinny, but I may not even be able to make it this time around.

Little Caesars has the $5 deal as well and you don't have to give notice but I don't think they deliver, you'd have to send someone to get them.
twodavez
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 12:22:01 PM »

Yeah Cra2hgirl i figured they'd offer some type of deal. i thought we got them for even cheaper, as i did'nt expect Nexus to take money out of their budget for tip and taxes, i thought it was a small money maker for the LAN instead of a small drain. I'd make it profitable to the Lan to help support the effort put in by the staff and the money it takes to really put on the event.
Get the pizzas for $5 sell them for $6 and anything left over goes into the general fund offering.

Well it sounds like this is just going to be something we try to organize at the LAN since it doesnt seem like many places are willing to cut us a deal even though we're spending $200-300 at their business.

gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx