Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 28, 2024, 02:03:21 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Tax Day!!!!  (Read 5977 times)
twodavez
« on: April 17, 2012, 02:17:41 PM »

Happy Tax Day!

Hope everyone is already filed or has their return ready to put in the mail today!

And just remember, if you're getting a refund (especially if it's large >$1,000), you've overpaid and given the government a interest free loan all year long. Do yourself a favor and talk it over with your tax guy/gal and get your W-4 updated so you're not getting as much of a refund and get to use your money throughout the year, instead of just just April.

Good luck everyone!
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2012, 07:54:40 PM »

Yeah well, the government needs all the help they can get.  But I like getting back a big refund.  Vacation money.!!

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
twodavez
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2012, 08:03:19 PM »

Yeah, but you're vacation money is being borrowed by the government and they're not paying you for it. At least with a savings account, you'd get some kind of interest rate. They do make Vacation Club type programs at banks where you can make deposits through-out the year and then they'll cut you a check around vacation time to use... It's the same thing, but you have access to that money through out the year if you have an emergency, and you're earning a little (i mean very little) interest.  Grin

Happy Vacationing!
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx