Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin April 27, 2024, 01:27:50 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Scene 75  (Read 8030 times)
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« on: July 03, 2012, 01:35:13 PM »

So, Scene 75 is now open.  http://www.scene75.com/

Renegade and I went there last night for their first opening day.  Apparently they were not supposed to open until Thursday this week, but the Dayton Daily News were telling people that they were opening today.  So they did open.  As we got there, we saw the Channel 7 news crew leaving and we headed inside.  Nice facility.  Clean (as I would hope on opening day) and nicely cool on a hot day.  I can only imagine what their AC Bill will be.

It is similar to Dave and Busters where you get a card and put money on it and then use it to game anywhere.  The cool thing is, you can even eat at the grille with the card in case you don't want to spend it all doing gaming.  Of course, this place is going to appeal more to the younger crowd, seeing as they have an amazing bounce area.  But it also appeals to the sportier crowd with their sand volleyball leagues and all.  The mini bowling was pretty cool, although they only have 4 lanes of it.  The side tables in there are a nice touch as they glow and can change colors.

They have an arcade area for winning points to get stuff like you would turn in tickets at a carnival to get stuff.  But a warning, don't expect tickets to come out of the machine and stand there like a dope like I did.  The tickets automatically go onto your Scene 75 card that you get.  You need the card to do almost everything here, so yes, you have to get one.  Renegade and daughter went on the Go-Karts and I was impressed with the speed of these little battery operated cars.  Not a bad course, but a little pricey on the run for one racing event.  We didn't run the lasertag arena, but I want to.  I suggest we get a NexusLAN group to go up and Lasertag each other.  The motion rides looked interesting, but because my back was hurting I decided not to ride them.

The Night Light Mini Golf areas were pretty cool.  They have a Chaos Room there as well, but I haven't done much console gaming lately, so I didn't check it out.  But I have seen the one in Centerville and if anything like that, then it should be pretty cool if you like the console gaming.  Renegade played a 4 player PacMan Challenge game that was pretty neat.  I challenged his daughter to the horse derby racing game and won 2 out of 3.  She can certainly handle her own.  And then I did a few other arcade games to try and raise some points to get something at the prize bar.  I have determined however, the "Deal or No Deal" game does not like me.

I am not nimble enough to run the Lazer Frenzy course.  My spy days are long past and while I enjoy watching Milla Jovavich dodge lasers  and exploding balls in Resident Evil and the Three Musketeers, I think I would probably fail at the first laser.

They also have a Bocce Ball court and a league for that, but I am just not familiar enough to play that.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the Spin Zone.  It looked like bumber cars turned to inner tubes that you run into each other.  I didn't try it, but it did look interesting.

Overall, it looks like a fun place.  Some things are a little on the pricey side, but other things are reasonable.  Go check it out and tell us what you think of the place.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
twodavez
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 03:19:29 AM »

I love Bocce Ball and have actually done alot of research to build my own court at our next house! The place looks cool. Any chance of getting them to sponsor the LAN to get some gamer business? or even if they cross promoted for a sponsorship...
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 05:16:18 AM »

I am pretty sure Renegade has talked to one of the owners.  Remember the Chaos Room?  They did sponsor one of our events.  And this is part of their baby as well.  So you never know.  They are talking about having a banquet hall for rental purposes as well, so who knows if we get them on board or what.  It would be interesting for sure to have a LAN party in the facility.  Then you can take a break from killing Diablo and shoot your friends at some Lasertag.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
twodavez
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 01:25:53 PM »

It sounded like we might've had some interest in going to play paintball prior to the next LAN, so i'd assume we'd get even more interested in a few rounds of discounted Lasertag. Plus it would be early in the day so they might not be as busy and could offer us a really great group rate.
Thanks for the review and i look forward to see what shakes out of this possible situation!
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 09:10:45 PM »

I will check with them but they don't open till 3pm right now so would be hard to do on day of a lan as you would miss alot.   As the next LAN is planned to start at 10am.  With tournaments starting in the 12-1 time frame.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
X-Infinity-Zero
Camper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 02:29:21 PM »

Went there on Tuesday to check it out. I was both impressed and kinda disappointed with how it turned out.

I think one of the things i was disappointed with was the arcades. I honestly thought there were going to be a lot more arcade games than what was there. Most of the games were the types where you win tickets or points with a few racing arcades and a neat little PAC-man machine.

The SpinZone was a cool concept but i didnt really enjoy it. The problem is that there are a lot of spin cars in kind of a small area. When i got on i felt like i couldnt move the car from the spot i started in because there wasnt much room to move.

The bounce zone looked cool along with the mini bowling.

The go carts were very fun and was surprised at how fast those electric carts could go.

Didnt get a chance to try laser tag or laser frenzy but would def be up for a game before a LAN or something. Maybe something we could all do before a mini LAN on Saturday.

The Chaos room looked neat but it was pretty much empty when i was there.

The 4D ride was pretty sweet. If you ride the 4D theater, make sure you ask for the Devils Door. Its not on the list of rides so you have to ask for it.

The prizes that he has up for grabs are just insane.

My school is located right behind Scene 75 and one of the owners came by to check it out. I host Mini Lans and computer shows for the students and it seemed that the owner showed a great interest in LAN Parties and mentioned something about his banquet rooms.

So again hes shown me and my school that he has an interest in LANs so doing a LAN at Scene 75 could be very possible.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx