Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 09, 2024, 03:05:11 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Next Smash Bros Tourney  (Read 16597 times)
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2009, 10:23:23 PM »

Okay, a lot of Smashers in the Dayton Scene want another smash tourney, so I will host one yet again for the upcoming Nexus event! What I would like for this thread to do is give me a show of hands of people who is willing to come and join us in some smashing fun, as well as some ideas on how you want it run, prizes (payouts this time for serious players???, headliner matches, more DEVIL CREMES for the losers ((MMMMMMMM!))etc.). I want this one to the funnest one yet!

If you are not doing something to its maximum, why do it?
XBL: JeLLITYMe
Same tag for Steam, Origin, psn etc.
Uptime podcast host:uptime.podomatic.com
Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 06:46:58 PM »

definitely, although I'm adapting more into HD Remix better (cant wait to play you, jell). If you need help or suggestions, you know where I am.

I'm back. Kinda. Maybe. Been sleep since Nexus LAN 3.
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2009, 07:33:04 PM »

Well What type of screen do you guys like? Projector good or do you like smaller regular size TV's?
Dj_iskascribble
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2009, 12:47:13 AM »

projector will be nice but well will need probablly 4+ setups. We can potentially have three so any out of towners may need to bring in a few as well.
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2009, 12:00:04 AM »

the Place has 5 rooms with them im just trying to figure out what needs set up with Smash and Xbox. I might do both and just make times that each torny/open time will be
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2009, 07:37:31 PM »

A projector would do for big matches (like AZ. vs. Bibble???) and finals, but about 4-5 steups would do great (since I am thinking a 32-man bracket.

As for different rooms (a great plus mind you...) I'm thinking one for each game (what other games are we talking, HD remix, SF4, GOW2?).

Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2009, 10:42:28 PM »

Yeah were working out the details right now.  The projection setup we have available for console tournaments are really nice.

Were still working on the details for power, etc for the PC side of things.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
ithrowthings
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2009, 06:05:19 PM »

the Place has 5 rooms with them im just trying to figure out what needs set up with Smash and Xbox. I might do both and just make times that each torny/open time will be
It's nintendo wii, not xbox. Also, make sure the projectors don't have lag because It can be a big factor sometimes.
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2009, 07:28:30 PM »

The ones we used in the former smash tourneys didn't have lag. So here's to hoping that they won't at wsu either.

Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2009, 07:44:56 PM »

I know what it's played on but there will be xbox there for other games

Dj_iskascribble
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2009, 07:05:12 PM »

well we need to start getting prepared as for what rule set we are going to use, what is going to be a legal counterpick and maybe start a list as of who (may) go so as to further prepare.
Dj_iskascribble
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2009, 04:24:03 AM »

The official and consistantly updating tourney thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=221217
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 14, 2009, 05:39:04 AM »

You guys are gonna have to show me some tips during the LAN.  I've played many a fighting game in my past but this really looks pretty tough to be any good at it.  Well at least from what I saw at some of the last tournaments from previous LANs.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
x-gerard-x
« Reply #13 on: February 17, 2009, 03:16:28 AM »

hey guys I just had a question about rules. Is this 1vs1 or 2vs2? and all items are off and matches will be played on balanced stages like final destnation?
Dj_iskascribble
« Reply #14 on: February 19, 2009, 05:11:43 AM »

if you follow the link i posted you will see a wall of text containing all of the information you are asking, there will be 1v1 and 2v2 no items, with starter stages (final destination, smashville ect) AND counterpicks (norfair, corneria rainbow cruise ect)
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx