Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 05, 2024, 05:54:34 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe  (Read 10447 times)
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2008, 08:43:56 PM »

Anyone heard anything good or bad about this?  My wife is talking about wanting it and I am probably going to get it for her if it gets her into gaming at all.  She says she loves Mortal Kombat, so anything I can do, I will.

I just want to know if anyone has heard news about it?

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2008, 01:52:13 AM »

I believe this game is good for fun on a casual standpoint, but it is a little different for a traditional MK. the big differences are:

Teen rating instead of Mature (involvement of DC chars.)
No "Fatalities", they have "Finishers" that can only be done on MK Chars/DC Villains, none of which has gore, the messiest of which is Joker's gunshot to the head finish.

An air kombat feature which allows fights to continue if the players start to decend a level's multi-tiered environment and more focus on close fighting (which in my opinion feels more like a boxing minigame than anything).

If you are a fan of MK in general (not just a fatality fan) and/or a DC fan, at least rent it. But don't expect a deep fighting mechanic or a too deeply involved storyline (like they had that anyway.lol)

If you are not doing something to its maximum, why do it?
XBL: JeLLITYMe
Same tag for Steam, Origin, psn etc.
Uptime podcast host:uptime.podomatic.com
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 03:55:58 PM »

Has anyone played this yet?  My wife wants it and I want to kind of make sure it is worth buying.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 04:20:35 PM »

Michelle wants a game --- how cool!  I say get it for her, it's one step closer getting her to game with us.  Grin

But, to answer your question, no I haven't played it.  Sorry.
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 05:23:57 PM »

Yeah, Michelle says she wants that and she wants Grand Theft Auto as well.  And now I think she wants a Nintendo DS as well.  So thinks are looking up.

Cyphis

Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 07:07:44 PM »

Hey crashgirl wasn't really a gamer until we start serioulsy dating back in the day (many moons ago) so yep this is definitely a start.

I tried getting her to play Doom but she never got into that... what got her hooked was Command & Conquerer then of course Warcraft II.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 07:13:51 PM »

Hey crashgirl wasn't really a gamer until we start serioulsy dating back in the day (many moons ago) so yep this is definitely a start.

I tried getting her to play Doom but she never got into that... what got her hooked was Command & Conquerer then of course Warcraft II.

And just look, now I kick his butt   LOL
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx