Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 05, 2024, 02:53:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print
Author Topic: What is the game that got you hooked on gaming?  (Read 29117 times)
Modious
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2009, 10:52:21 PM »

Gotta love the good ol' days of Quake/Quake 2. Then shortly after HL and CS, Rainbow Six/Rogue Spear. I still got the game around here somewhere.
Doom 2 was fun.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2009, 02:05:31 AM »

I've been a gamer basically since the days of the arcade but what really got me hooked on computer gaming were RPGs.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Fax
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2009, 06:01:06 PM »

When my uncle showed us Wold3d on his laptop I thought it was the coolest thing ever! Parents said don't give our kids that game.. well shareware and bbs ftw! I really think the King's Quest series is what really hooked me.
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2009, 04:20:26 PM »

Actually, I remember playing an old Commodore game called M.U.L.E.  Anyoen remember that one?

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2009, 04:33:22 PM »

Actually, I remember playing an old Commodore game called M.U.L.E.  Anyoen remember that one?
lol yep... amoung many other C64 games.  Those were the days.

[TC] Action
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2009, 04:40:12 PM »

Ah, how about the old DOS based game on the Tandy computer called Rogue.  Hehe, not that is going way back.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2009, 08:04:35 PM »

Beside NES games, Duke Nukem and Doom were my start, but got hook in collge on quake, HL:DM, & UT.
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2009, 01:58:23 PM »

Well for me its hard to say when I got the bug. I remember my cousins had a black and white box with knobs that they hooked up to the family TV. I'm thinking it was '76 or maybe '77. Yes, it was PONG. But I don't think that's when I got bit. Many of my neighbors had consoles (Atari 2600, Intellivision, and the C64 too) that I didn't have to ask my parents for one. I could just go to the house that had the system I wanted to play and get my Jones on.

But to say what game really got me started in PC gaming. I would claim: Tomb Raider. The game that sucked me in i.e. the biggest time-sink when it was released: Omikron The Nomad Soul. I never finished that one because the first time I played it I lost track of time and my GF asked me if I was going to eat dinner. I asked her what time it was and she said 10:30 pm. Huh Shocked Wha?!?! Four HOURS after I stared playing. It was at least a month before I played it again. Smiley

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Ronster
l33t

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2009, 01:51:04 AM »

i remember zork played that in grade school but the game that started it all for me was delta force 1.
Apocylypse4050
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2009, 02:24:00 PM »

Of any game it would have to be FF7 a instant classic when i was younger i never understood the story XD now i play it for fun

any news on a remake yet?
PrOdIgY
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2009, 03:12:53 PM »

Of any game it would have to be FF7 a instant classic when i was younger i never understood the story XD now i play it for fun

any news on a remake yet?
Sadly, the only "remake" there is is Crisis Core for the PSP
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2009, 06:14:31 PM »

I am disappointed for the LACK of any good multiplyer RPGs (not MMORPGs) on the PC or any platform for that matter.

I am looking forward to D3 of course but too bad there are not any other good RPGS out or coming out.

[TC] Action
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2009, 06:22:19 PM »

Gotta love the good ol' days of Quake/Quake 2.

Quake2 instagib rocked! Smiley
Infamousd
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 02:36:35 PM »

Ah, how about the old DOS based game on the Tandy computer called Rogue.  Hehe, not that is going way back.

Dude I loved that game!  Also for the commador 64 I had a tape drive and a game that would only load half the time called "temple of Apishi" or something to that effect. Was a real cool rpg at the time. Cool
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2009, 03:25:03 PM »

Oh remember the good old Ultima series on the C64?  And all the RPGs like Bards Tale on the Amiga.  Man those were the days.  But lol we are definitely starting to show our ages Smiley

[TC] Action
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx