Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 05, 2024, 04:56:13 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Windows 7  (Read 18953 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: April 30, 2009, 04:34:42 AM »

Anyone using Windows 7 RC1?

I have it installed on 2 systems and wow its running like a dream for everyting for me loving it.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2009, 06:02:09 PM »

Where did you get it? Im trying to grab a torrent but no luck so far.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 10:37:55 PM »

Got it really fast from a demonoid torrent.  Hit me up in AIM karzak and I can link you the torrent

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2009, 11:25:04 PM »

I haven't used AIM in a while and I guess my account was dumped  Sad  Im on MSN/Windows messenger as crewfan69.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 08:20:24 PM »

RC1 can now be downloaded by anyone on Microsofts website.   You can use this version until June 1 2010 as well!

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2009, 03:56:07 PM »

I downloead the first beta awhile ago, and it has worked awesomly. I have found one bug with L4D and Vent and windows 7 sound. but other then that everything work great... I haven't downloaded the newest released, but I think I should.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2009, 11:52:13 PM »

I downloead the first beta awhile ago, and it has worked awesomly. I have found one bug with L4D and Vent and windows 7 sound. but other then that everything work great... I haven't downloaded the newest released, but I think I should.

You might just try a windows update?  I have not installed it yet but I would assume windows update would update the beta to the RC1?  Maybe not.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2009, 02:35:25 PM »

No you can't use windows update to go to rc1 there were changes made to the core etc that can only be implemented by reformating, DLing and installing the RC version.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2009, 03:03:04 PM »

I guess I will go download it and reformat. hehe
Infamousd
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2009, 02:53:20 PM »

heads up   Roll Eyes

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2009/05/13/pirate_win_7_botnet/
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2009, 08:14:20 PM »

Nice LOL.

Here are the details.

Malware Overview

This Trojan may be downloaded from remote sites.

It is a fake/Trojanized Windows 7 Release Candidate (RC) build.

It is a self extracting executable that containing the original Windows 7 RC build and a malicious file detected as TROJ_AGENT.NICE.

When an unsuspecting user executes the Trojanized setup file, the embedded malware is also executed. As a result, malicious routines of the embedded file are exhibited on the affected system.

Course anyone that would DL an OS that comes as an exe is kinda asking for it.   Getting the ISO and burning it to dvd is the only good way to get things.

I have the versions direct from MS and also 1 32 bit I got early.  I checked the md5 hash on the 32 bit I have and the MS one and they matched.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
AceNightBlade
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2009, 02:06:18 AM »

I used Windows 7, loved it, but then somehow went back to Vista 64 when i kept getting annoying "This program did not install successfully" messages. Also i really don't like the taskbar in 7. Compared to Vista, it looks like crap to me.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2009, 06:56:53 PM »

I prefer the OS X desktop.  And no I am not a Mac Fanboy... lol

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2009, 03:37:10 PM »

I got RC1 and reloaded my computer. It works great... still don't like the user account security, but I understand why it is there.

The only problem I have and I think it is a single user issue... is that went I am in Valve games (TF2 and L4D) when it goes to load into a match it lowers the program volume control in the windows 7 mixer to almost 0 everytime it changes rounds or start a new map. Also, if I am running ventrilo at the same time, it does the same to ventrilo's program volume control in the mixer as well. I am having to alt-tab out of TF2 and L4D to bring the volume for it and ventrilo back up.

Now I have a friend that loaded windows 7 and it doesn't do it on his system. I believe it to be driver issue with my onboard sound card not being completely compatible with windows 7... I am using the windows vista drivers for it, so that might be the reason.

Let me know if any of you are having that problem.
Infamousd
« Reply #14 on: June 02, 2009, 03:06:12 PM »

I got RC1 and reloaded my computer. It works great... still don't like the user account security, but I understand why it is there.

The only problem I have and I think it is a single user issue... is that went I am in Valve games (TF2 and L4D) when it goes to load into a match it lowers the program volume control in the windows 7 mixer to almost 0 everytime it changes rounds or start a new map. Also, if I am running ventrilo at the same time, it does the same to ventrilo's program volume control in the mixer as well. I am having to alt-tab out of TF2 and L4D to bring the volume for it and ventrilo back up.

Now I have a friend that loaded windows 7 and it doesn't do it on his system. I believe it to be driver issue with my onboard sound card not being completely compatible with windows 7... I am using the windows vista drivers for it, so that might be the reason.

Let me know if any of you are having that problem.

yeah 330T is having the same problem I believe. he said his mic volume kept going way down when playing left 4 dead.
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx