Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 02, 2024, 03:54:03 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: MMO Vindictus  (Read 6424 times)
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« on: November 08, 2010, 12:35:45 AM »

Anyone know much if anything about this game? I just learned about it recently. It looks good because its built on the Source Engine. Touted as free to play but most likely will hit you up with micro payments to buy the good items. A year later you realize you've spent a few hundred bucks.

http://vindictus.nexon.net/intro/?v=0

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2010, 05:15:54 AM »

Graphics look nice so I will have to check it out... but yes, it does look like even just to alter your character's looks you are going to have to pay real money for items, etc.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2010, 06:44:31 PM »

To be honest I do not trust my self with games that are based on micro-transactions cause in the end you going to spend alot more per month then the 10-15 that you pay for a MMO that is monthly vs micro.

I really just do not like competing with people that have more money to blow etc for items in a game, vs just getting said items based on time played, fighting bosses etc.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2010, 07:59:27 PM »

Good points Renegade. I go back to my original post that before too long you have spent far more than you intended.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2010, 06:18:31 AM »

Yeah what really is the point in playing if you can not find the items on drops, etc.  I mean then what is the real goal at least for an RPG.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx