Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 02, 2024, 12:21:09 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Razer Has a Switchblade  (Read 9315 times)
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« on: January 07, 2011, 03:02:32 AM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiQ0AnlfBu4

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2011, 06:25:04 AM »

yeah I am not too stoked about that thing.   Especially considering the only FPS they showed was Quake.   Its an atom processor so basically its a netbook with a keyboard that changes.    I think more gimmik then really useful to higher end gamers.   They did show it playing wow but I can play wow on my netbook, not great but it will run.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2011, 04:33:38 PM »

Yeah, the moment I saw this thing I thought "why would I even want that?" The tech. behind it is cool but otherwise I can't justify ever owning one.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
virt
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2011, 02:57:45 AM »

http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/06/razer-switchblade-preview-3g-intel-oak-trail-almost-definitel/

Engadget seemed pretty impressed.  I'm holding judgement until we get more details.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2011, 04:34:33 AM »

I'd have to say that looks cool.  I will prolly get one.  If anything just for the cool keyboard icon switching.  I think this would be best for MMOs though more than anything.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2011, 04:05:24 PM »

After getting more info on this the unit is only a concept prototype right now.   

"hardcore PC gamers probably don't want to hear this but PC World Magazine checked out this still-under-development Razer handheld device at CES that could conceivably run "moderately intensive games" like World of Warcraft or Warcraft III.

It features a 7-inch LCD screen with a dynamic tactile keyboard that's actually a second programmable touchscreen. The "Switchblade" is still in the conceptual stage though, so don't count on getting one next Christmas"

And the specs are pretty low on it.  You wont be playing Black ops on it thats for sure.   Low to mid range games at best.  This is why the demo vids are only showing Quake 3 as an FPS on it.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
virt
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2011, 12:35:38 AM »

While Quake Live is run on the Q3 engine, it was Quake Live that was featured in the demo Venus showed.  And to be honest, I wouldn't mind having a netbook that is aimed at playing video games.  All I'm saying is that it looks promising.

And besides, who cares if you can't play Black Ops on it?  Black Ops sucks anyways.  Tongue  /troll
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »

I was using Black ops as an expample that while its neat it wont be playing top end games it will be playing older games, mid range games etc.    I would prefer to see them bring out something that will play top end games at full speed etc.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2011, 08:44:47 PM »

It is basically a glorified PSP.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx