Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 02, 2024, 02:39:07 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Internet Speed  (Read 6480 times)
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« on: June 06, 2011, 02:46:55 AM »

Anyone who has Time Warner Road Runner service. Have you noticed a stealthy increase in speeds both down and up? Here in Miamisburg reported speeds were 7 MegaBit down and 786 KB up. Many a speed test is showing much higher rates both ways now. When I would download a game in Steam I would get peak rate of 1.7 MB and then the download would bounce between 700 and 900 KB. Now I get a peak of 2 to 2.2KB and a sustained rate of 1.2 KB. Of course I'm not complaining, just wondering.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2011, 05:53:42 PM »

Nothing has changed for me. I am  on Turbo 15/768 and get as much as 30Mb/s for the first 10 MB.

I am considering going to the 30/5 tier her soon though.  Just letting it mature a bit longer.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2011, 07:01:30 PM »

I have done a speed test using their utility url over the past few months off and on, and on average I get around 14 mps download, and around 0.49 mps upload speed.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx