Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 21, 2024, 02:30:14 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Battlefield 3 and Star Wars both will require Origin accounts  (Read 9650 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: August 12, 2011, 01:33:19 AM »

Its official Battlefield 3 and Star Wars both will require Origin accounts.

Some are upset about this, does not really bother me that there will be 2 distribution services like Steam.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2011, 05:20:59 PM »

If DICE does a better job of making their multiplayer compatible with non-Cisco routers, this won't bother me either. I've checked out the trailer and gameplay videos and this game looks good.

I could care less about SWTOR.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2011, 06:58:14 PM »

I am the other way around I am looking forward to Star Wars more so then BF3, but I am more a hardcore mmo player and a casual fps player.   As for non-cisco BF2 works fine on my netgear routers.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2011, 07:41:52 PM »

When I bought BF2 Bad Company, no matter what settings (including flashing the router w/ factory settings, opening ports based on instructions from portforward.com, etc.) I had on my D-link DIR615 wirelessN router, I couldn't play the multi-player for more than 4 minutes w/o being booted off their servers with a "lost connection to EA" message.

Never had any problems w/ any other game with my router except that one.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2011, 08:22:27 PM »

Sounds like some kinda issue with d-link and ea/dice protocal.   As it works on linksys, netgear fine.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2011, 09:29:30 PM »

Yeah, it probably is. I am looking around for a new router anyway, but it was just frustrating to spend the money on the game for the sole purpose of the multiplayer feature and then not be able to play it.

All that said, BF3 looks really well-done though.  Looking forward to it.  All I have seen of SWTOR is their amped up trailer videos they release every once in a blue moon.  The actual gameplay footage on the player interface looks cheesy at best, in my opinion.
virt
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2011, 12:30:17 AM »

There's some speculation that BF3 won't ship on Steam.  If it's not on Steam, I'll more then likely end up getting for Xbox.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2011, 01:05:00 AM »

It's not speculation. They announced it will be only on origin.  DVD or digital download

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx