Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 11, 2024, 08:28:08 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Battlefield BC2 Patch - Manual Install?  (Read 7934 times)
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« on: October 15, 2010, 12:29:52 AM »

Hey,

If you're not aware, there is a patch for BC2 but there is a catch. See below....

I got this from FilePlanet.com

Here's a manual update for the non-Steam version of Battlefield: Bad Company 2. This update should be applied in the event that BFBC2Updater.exe fails.

"Hi all,

we've noticed the troubles some of you have had downloading the patch. Most of this is because the current version of BFBC2Updater.exe does not resume gracefully.

We should ideally make a stand-alone installer version of the patch. That is going to take some time, so for now, I have put together a plain .zip file which you can apply over your existing game installation.

* This is for the non-Steam version ONLY
* This is only useful if the updater fails somewhere during the updating process -- it won't help if the updater isn't even able to see the update online
* Copy the contents of the .zip archive over any version of the installed game, and overwrite existing files
* EA does not offer technical support for this package, you apply it at your own risk"

So, WFT?!?! What the HELL is wrong with these DICE people? This is just crazy. Anyone having update issues with the game? My updater doesn't even "see" the update. So, no issues for me, meh.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2010, 10:09:40 PM »

I keep getting booted off after playing online for about 3 or 4 minutes and then I get a message "Connection to EA Online was Lost" and then it tries updating my stats and the same thing happens when I try and go back into another server to play online - really frustrating, since I bought the game specifically to play it online. I've reset my router, and checked my connections and nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Lincoln7
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2011, 05:46:10 AM »

Check what ports the game uses and port map those ports in your router to your PC's IP.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2011, 07:48:05 AM »

I did that. Went online to their forums to verify which ports they designated, changed the port settings on my router, and I still get the same result. I can log onto a server, play for about 3 or 4 minutes, then the screen goes black, and it takes me back to the game login screen where it says that it's updating my stats, and then the message, "connection to ea online account lost" nonsense.

Any other ideas? I've checked on their forums and it sounds like EA just gives the pat customer service answer of "it's a problem on your end" and no refunds are issued, so I'm at a loss at to what to do now, other than throw it in the trash.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Lincoln7
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2011, 03:12:59 PM »

Did you have this issue at the store?

I dont think any of us have had this issue with BF2 that I know of, so it would seem to be on your end the PC or the router.

Try putting your PC's IP into the DMZ of your router see if that helps.    If not take the router out of the mix an hook the pc direct to the net an test it that way to try an narrow it down.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2011, 05:07:56 PM »

Thanks, Dave. I'll try that. Sorry for my gruff-ness. It's just been a little frustrating.

Happy New year, by the way! :-)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2011, 09:13:05 PM »

Also update your router to the latest bios as well.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx