Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 11, 2024, 05:04:54 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Steam games  (Read 11986 times)
Vaccination
« on: December 28, 2010, 12:26:20 AM »

Hey guys,

Ive been wanting to make it to one of the lan parties for months and schedule just hasnt lined up yet Sad Buuuuuut Im going to be picking up a ton of new steam games this week and just realized that the only friend on my steam list is my gf lol. Thought I could toss a shout out to everyone here as it seems to be a great community.

Also, i see that there is an unreal pack on steam and wanted everybody's opinion on ut3? Ive been off playing cod black ops and all that good stuff for a good amount of time now and havnt touched the unreal series since the late 90s. I is it worth it to buy it? or just stick with cod? Looking mainly for fun community stuff. didnt know if any of them were still played at the lan Cheesy

Getting killing floor as well today! stoked to have another good zombie shooter besides l4d2 (which i never play cause nobody i know has it).

thanks and look forward to gaming soon!
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2010, 04:10:00 PM »

It seems UT3 never really hit off.  UT2004 is still much more popular.  I know there are many here that still play L4D2.  What I recommend is join our steam community and you will probably find quite a few playing it.  But the big game right now of course is COD: Black Ops.  If you do not have that yet, I highly recommend it.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Vaccination
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2010, 08:32:53 PM »

yeah, was all about the black ops for a few weeks after launch. Then, like a fool i started playing eve online haha. I didnt know you had a steam group. Ill join! thanks!
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 05:08:58 AM »

yeah, was all about the black ops for a few weeks after launch. Then, like a fool i started playing eve online haha. I didnt know you had a steam group. Ill join! thanks!
Wait til you play WoW (if you haven't) already Smiley  Talk about taking time away from any other game...

[TC] Action
virt
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2010, 11:34:27 PM »

I could never get into WoW, actually.  I don't know if it's because I'm just not a big fan of RPG/MMO games or because it was too slow - but I got about to level 12 and just stopped playing.  Waste of money in my book.

I used to be huge into UT2k4 and UT3 for a while.  UT3 never caught on because of its lackluster launch, but after a few patches, it turned into a pretty solid game.  If you can get a few people into a room around the same skill level, it's a pretty fun game.  UT2k4 has a lot of history though and still gets a lot of game play, too - both are pretty stellar games.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2010, 11:52:19 PM »

Wow slow?    Lvl 12 you only played for at most 2-3 hours then.  Very hard to judge the game at that point with how big it is etc.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Schisme
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 04:14:28 PM »

Wow slow?    Lvl 12 you only played for at most 2-3 hours then.  Very hard to judge the game at that point with how big it is etc.

Especially now with the revamped worlds and core abilities you get at level 10, the experience is immensely better for starting players now than it was a couple of months ago.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2010, 07:16:53 PM »

Especially now with the revamped worlds and core abilities you get at level 10, the experience is immensely better for starting players now than it was a couple of months ago.
Yep you can hit levels 20-30 just in one night, especially if you group up.

[TC] Action
virt
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 10:09:24 PM »

http://www.xfire.com/profile/virt/

If you take a look at my Xfire profile, I've logged a little over 22 hours on WoW while logged into Xfire alone.  It wasn't my first outing with WoW and I had friends on multiple servers. 

Not sure- I'd be willing to give it another shot if I had a better group to play with than the ones I had before. ^_^
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 12:41:37 AM »

22 hours to get to lvl 12?  Or did you play multiple toons but nothing over lvl 12?

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
virt
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2011, 06:30:31 AM »

I had multiple characters.  I had several friends from outside circles who played both Alliance and Horde, and all of them were high, high levels and already in Guilds of their own.
Schisme
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2011, 01:13:35 PM »

I had multiple characters.  I had several friends from outside circles who played both Alliance and Horde, and all of them were high, high levels and already in Guilds of their own.

The leveling process has been much more streamlined and faster. You might want to give it another go.
Vaccination
« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2011, 05:46:01 AM »

hehe....yeah i played wow from beta through wrath, took some time off, came back and finally quit. have a few 80s Cheesy I was even in my servers top 5 original Ragnaros and top 15 Nefarian kills back in vanilla. Good times. I still have a thing for the game but idk. Variety is nice. Guess I could always go back to my mage, dk, or warrior. *shrugs* damn you, i had 0 interest in the expac until, well just now..../calls sponsor for WAA....ok i feel better now
Infamousd
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 04:34:04 PM »

talk about major thread derail...

I expected a thread about steam games, and it turns into a WOW love fest   xD

anyways I picked up a ton of new games on steam in December, and have been stuck on Anno 1404( dawn of discovery) for about 3 weeks now. cool sim builder
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx