Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 11, 2024, 07:21:59 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Print
Author Topic: Dragon Age 2  (Read 16071 times)
Denied
« on: March 10, 2011, 12:57:04 AM »

How is it?  I heard that they used the same maps as the first one, but had a new story.
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 02:21:23 AM »

Maps are dif but the caves repeat I dont like that.   But so far good game I am at least 50% in or more right now

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Denied
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 04:16:37 AM »

Yea, that kinda sucks.  Half the fun of RPGs is spending hours exploring, but if its shit I already know my way around its not as much of a adventure.  Do they have better armor sets than the first one?  DAO seemed to have a limited number of mage gear. 

I am about 68% finished with my DL so I am pretty excited.  Can you post some screen shots of your gear/group?
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 08:39:46 PM »

I had an issue with the game that I finally fixed. I thought it might have something to do with DA2's Bink video as Secunia Personal Software Inspector (PSI) flagged it as a "Zombie." Weird. I could play the game fine after the initial install but each time I would try to launch after that the game would bring my system to a crawl. It became unusable and the only remedy was a reboot.

After installing and uninstalling 3 times then on the fourth install (yes, you guessed it that makes nearly 30 Gb of data downloaded) I got it to work, well, more like I figured out the issue I was having. I could play after install because I had disabled all security software apps I use - PC Tools Threatfire and  VIPRE Antivirus Premium. Once I rebooted and had the malware apps running the game would cause problems. I notice when taking a peek at the sys tray that the VIPRE service had been disabled as the sys tray icon was a different color than normal.

Makes me think that DA2 has the ability to disable antivirus to, I guess, prevent conflicts while running. If so, then that is creepy Shocked to say the least. Also, it might be in the EULA but who reads that anymore? So from now on I disable all sec. apps before playing.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 09:59:00 PM »

I have no issues at all with DA2 and virus apps.  I am running MSE and its running fine while the game is running.  No slow downs etc at all.   I think its something specific to your apps causing the issue as we have the same laptop.

Armor sets are not as good imo as they changed it so you dont put armor on your companions just get items taht upgrade thier current armor.   So they end up looking the game thru the game.

There are alot of dif maps but they reuse the caves, house, back alley etc for dif quests so your like ah I have been here before but its a dif house or cave or alley and a dif quests.   I would like to have seen more creativity put into it.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, 12:32:04 AM »

I got mine through the EA store and used EA Download Manager to install. Did you get your copy through Steam Renegade? If so then that may be why you did not have sec. app issues. Or its just a fluke with VIPRE. Who knows? Roll Eyes

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2011, 02:02:11 AM »

I got mine from EA Downloader as well.   Had to bitch at them they never sent me my unlock codes for the pre-order items and DLC, but they got me that info today.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Denied
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2011, 03:40:45 AM »

I just started playing.  I got kind of confused with this storyline.  Is this during, after, or before the first one?
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2011, 04:28:04 AM »

Yes, Yes, Yes.

It starts out at the same time as the other one, then as you go to Kirkland your past the other one.  So it kinda is same time line then you get word the blight has ended so that would say your now past the other story line. 

I got a tad confused as well at 1st.  They like to just forward in time alot also you will be playing along an all the sudden your a year in the future.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2011, 06:18:29 PM »

I have been getting a lot of issues with the scripted animation. Most annoying is the playback freezes but the soundtrack continues.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2011, 02:29:04 AM »

odd I am not having any of those issues at all.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Denied
« Reply #11 on: March 12, 2011, 09:27:54 PM »

Yor not the only one having problems.  Google them...it appears EA rushed them game out.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 12, 2011, 09:38:24 PM »

Yor not the only one having problems.  Google them...it appears EA rushed them game out.

That definitely would not be the first time EA did that.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 08:11:06 AM »

Dunno, I would think its system specific as I am about 3/4th thru the game an have had zero issues.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 06:54:14 PM »

This could explain my troubles.

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/news/2011/03/dragon-age-ii-features-hated-securom-despite-previous-ea-claims.ars

If true EA has done it again. I tried running the app featured in the article but it crashes and won't run.

The SecuROM is only on the Disc version of the game.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
gfx
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx