Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 11, 2024, 05:16:33 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood  (Read 11929 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: July 01, 2009, 12:12:16 AM »

Cyphis and I got this today and loving it.  GREAT GAME.  Love going back to the cival war and old west for an FPS been so long since a good one was out.

Game has -

Solo Story
Co-op Story
Multiplayer, and has some new fun looking game types as well.

Highly recommend picking this one up!

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2009, 12:40:59 AM »

I went to Gamestop today and they only had one copy --- they told me they only got one copy in so evidently EB/Gamestop does not think it will sell well. 

I plan to go to BB sometime this week so might pick up two copies then. 

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2009, 02:02:52 AM »

Gamestop has been getting in only 1 copy of PC games if not preordered for a while now.   They say they less them 1% of there sales are from PC games.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2009, 12:15:50 PM »

I started laying the Multiplayer portion of this first.  Had a blast doing so.  However, there is a lack of servers out there as of last night.  I guess first day release problem there.

But the way they have it set up where you automatically duck by the windows so you can still get a shot off is pretty cool.  You can earn money and upgrade your class in game and earn money and unlock new character classes as well.  I think there are a total of about 15 classes after all the unlocks.  You can even be a Native American Indian and run around with a bow.  They are very stealthy and very deadly with that bow.  Drives me nuts.  But I love how you can run arouns with two six shooters, and the left mouse button fires the left one while the right fires the right gun.  And you can choose not to use two of them and the right mouse button will zoom in a little like you are aiming.  Very nicely done.

There were a couple Western style games out previous to this that just blew chunks.  This is one I think people will enjoy.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2009, 12:19:39 PM »

One thing I forgot to mention is that they do have an Online Friends list, so you can hook up with your friends easier.  That is a big plus that CoD4 failed to do, but then they incorporated it into CoD5.  So I like it.  Ubisoft is one of the game manufacturers, so if you like the Rainbow Six series, you might like this as well.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2009, 03:13:32 PM »

Hmm from what you describe sounds like its more of a sniper game? hmmm

[TC] Action
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 04:09:39 PM »

Oh no, another version of camper strike?  LOL
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2009, 05:03:01 PM »

Nah its not a sniper game that I have seen.   I mean yeah there are rifles etc but no real scopes etc that I have seen.   Its civil war / western era.   Weapons are six shooters, shotgun rifles, bow an arrow, gatlinguns (mounted), dynamite, knives.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2009, 07:51:52 PM »

yeah but from what Jeff was saying its more a hide and camping game?

[TC] Action
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2009, 10:51:31 PM »

Where did I say it was like a sniper camp game?  It is not at all.  There is a sniper class like any FPS game, but just certain maps are more prone to sniper action.  This is true for pretty much any FPS game though.

Cyphis

Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2009, 11:38:17 PM »

Where did I say it was like a sniper camp game?  It is not at all.  There is a sniper class like any FPS game, but just certain maps are more prone to sniper action.  This is true for pretty much any FPS game though.

Oh I was just visualizing from these descriptions: "But the way they have it set up where you automatically duck by the windows so you can still get a shot off is pretty cool." and "You can even be a Native American Indian and run around with a bow.  They are very stealthy and very deadly with that bow.  Drives me nuts."

So it sounded like to me you mainly hide and snipe.  But if theres more too it, thats cool.  I'll have to see the game sometime as it does sound interesting.

[TC] Action
Fax
« Reply #11 on: July 07, 2009, 12:35:00 PM »

I finally got around to installing this game...
I like the free world aspect after the game gets going, and who doesn't love dynamite?
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx