Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 11, 2024, 04:59:57 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Print
Author Topic: COD MW2 will NOT have a dedicated PC server  (Read 22867 times)
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2009, 08:26:23 PM »

"Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is actually the biggest investment Infinity Ward has ever made into the PC version of our games. It’s also the most feature-rich PC version we’ve ever made. IWNET takes the benefits of dedicated servers and allows them to be utilized and accessed by every player, out of the box, while removing the barrier to entry for players unaware of how to maintain a server on their own."

TRANSLATION: "We're now catering to the crowd who are not PC gamers at all, but who are console gamers who might have just recently bought a gaming pc/laptop and don't know how in the heck to use the stupid thing much less know how to build and maintain their own server, who really just want to press a few buttons and shoot some things with minimal effort, thought, or creativity involved."

"Cheat / Hack Free Games: The biggest benefit of using IWnet by far is the fact that you don’t have to worry about joining a server full of aim-bots, wallhacks, or cheaters. Or relying on the server admin of the server to constantly be monitoring, banning, and policing it. Modern Warfare 2 on PC allows us to control the quality of the game much more than ever before as well as utilizing the VAC (Valve-Anti-Cheat) system to keep games clean of hackers and cheaters."

TRANSLATION: "We like how the console game developers (XBox, PS, Wii, etc.) came up with the idea of designing a system that can't be mimicked/hacked so that our game store friends would have a residual revenue that bring in the "dough" from the used game market. The very fact that PC games can't be returned (like duh, how do we know if you copied it or something?) and therefore do not present a revenue justification to the game store community (the people who sell our stuff) is the very reasoning that directs us to disregard, er uh...I meant, spit in the face of the PC gaming community since they really don't make us any money...uh, did I say that? I meant...we don't care about what you think...but, we'll pass off our decision as some sort of altruistic motivation on our part to make the 'gaming' experience for you easier and more pleasurable, and without all that hacking stuff, that doesn't make us any money, er uh...I meant...uh, go out and buy the PC version of MW2 because it's really cool...and fun, too...er...uh. This interview is over."
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2009, 02:53:20 AM »

I like that translation.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
z0id
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2009, 07:51:14 PM »

I actually like codmw2 on console.. but pc is just eh too many hackers and etc.
gfx
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx