Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 06, 2024, 12:38:39 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Rate my First Build,Help me start my second!  (Read 6310 times)
Bowflexing
« on: February 13, 2012, 03:03:08 AM »

so i built a computer atleast 2 years ago and just not kinda startin to build another one and im really getting into and trying to learn a little bit,and i never knew anyone that did computer gaming so why not ask here?  and  from 1-10 as in 10 being really good 1 being awful. Give me honesty
1.AMD phenom quad core,
2.Asus,M2R32-MVP w/amd chipset
3.ZEROtherm Nirvana NV120
4.OCZ Fatal1ty DDR3 Memory x2
5.XLR8,NVIDIA SLI™-Ready GPU x1 Sad (plan on keeping it for second build and get dual gpu)
6.Kingwin Mach 1 ABT-1000w power supply (plan on keeping for 2nd built too.)
7.some cheap cheap dvd drive a freind sold me
9.Armor +mx case.(not really caring about physical looks kinda beat up have had it for atleast 2 years now)
10 Fatality Creative head set.

Programs i use and have not very much.
1.have windows 7 32 bit ready to install but currently has windows xp pro 32bit
2.Latest Version of gamebooster
3.Steam
4.MW2
5.WoW
6.nvidia physx software that came with the gpu
7.kept up on the best driver for my set up
8.Opera Browser,and Chrome.
dont have any good pictures of it and not capable of putting one up atm thats it
not really sure what else i really dont do much on it other plan games alot.

2nd build,just let me know what i might be interested in,for gaming, some sound software for editing(sound cards) or usb headset. overclocking, and other stuff i havent been capable of trying since i was kinda limited on my first build. Thank you very much Smiley
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 03:48:59 AM »

1st build looks decent but you didnt post processor speeds, or memory size.    Also why Win 7 32 and not 64 bit?    You really want to run 32 bit to take full advantage of your system, especially to go above 3.25 gig in memory.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Bowflexing
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2012, 04:28:21 AM »

32bit is what i have laying here, 60gb seagate hddx2sorry, 9600 2.4GHtz and 4gigs of memory  but im more interested in a second build now so i posted the thread of that here. (New to this forum stuff) http://www.nexuslan.org/forums/index.php?topic=1506.0
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2012, 01:38:33 PM »

Windows 7 keys are good for the 32bit or the 64 bit version.  So check around with friends see if anyone has a 64 bit disk you can borrow an install 64 for sure.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Infamousd
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 03:50:26 PM »

Yeah there is no reason not to go 64 bit these days. Also with the current prices for DDR3 memory your should max out your MTB's memory for sure.  Cool
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx