Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 05, 2024, 08:19:03 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: America's 10 Fastest-Dying Towns (Forbes)  (Read 9911 times)
Fax
« on: December 11, 2008, 08:53:37 PM »

Guess what #10 is?

10. Middletown, Ohio — "With only 12.2% of residents possessing bachelor's degrees or better, the city isn't a prime candidate to attract highly skilled jobs that have lifted some other post-industrial cities."

http://consumerist.com/5107625/americas-10-fastest-dying-towns
Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2008, 02:43:40 AM »

I read that. We can only be thankful that we arent hit as hard as those detroit/Lansing motor towns.

I'm back. Kinda. Maybe. Been sleep since Nexus LAN 3.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #2 on: December 12, 2008, 03:20:04 PM »

I also read in an article not too long ago that Dayton is one of the worst 25 places to live.  I think they were referring to Dayton itself and not the suburbs, but not a good sign.  Sad
Rune
Camper

Bringer of Brightslap

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2008, 05:02:51 PM »

I also read in an article not too long ago that Dayton is one of the worst 25 places to live.  I think they were referring to Dayton itself and not the suburbs, but not a good sign.  Sad

That is in reference to crime and job availability, and is still in the top half from what I last heard. If I find that article, I'll edit it in.

This article seems to be in reference to job potential, immigration and earning potential.

I'm back. Kinda. Maybe. Been sleep since Nexus LAN 3.
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2009, 10:26:47 PM »

That is all one thing, but here is something that IS growing.... The Gaming community! More and more great gamers are coming out of the area (Like Smash Brawl and Guilty Gear) If this can continue, We will at least be known for having some great Comp alongside SolCal and NY. Get to practicing!

If you are not doing something to its maximum, why do it?
XBL: JeLLITYMe
Same tag for Steam, Origin, psn etc.
Uptime podcast host:uptime.podomatic.com
virt
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2009, 07:30:29 PM »

While thats great Jellity...  unless you plan on trying to be in the top eschelon of gamers good enough to make real money at gaming, that doesn't help us out at all unless you're planning on opening a video game store chain or something.

+10 points though for keeping a positive attitude, I guess.
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2009, 10:38:37 PM »

While thats great Jellity...  unless you plan on trying to be in the top eschelon of gamers good enough to make real money at gaming, that doesn't help us out at all unless you're planning on opening a video game store chain or something.

+10 points though for keeping a positive attitude, I guess.

Why not, If you are great at something, why let that talent go to waste. There are some money makers out there,  (Smash, DOA, some Halo Teams...) probably enough to even get a pro gaming team sponsored in Ohio. All (I put that "All" lightly) it would take is some dedication and a little mentorship when it comes to bettering your whole community it your specific game.
As for the gaming store/chain Idea, it would go hand-in-hand with this.

If you are not doing something to its maximum, why do it?
XBL: JeLLITYMe
Same tag for Steam, Origin, psn etc.
Uptime podcast host:uptime.podomatic.com
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx