Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 10, 2024, 12:27:04 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Need a new mouse. Suggestions?  (Read 12395 times)
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« on: March 25, 2010, 12:47:05 PM »

Hey all, a while back, my cat decided to play in the wire hanging down from my mouse and then got freaked out when his tail got wrapped up in it.  He shot out of the room and my poor Copperhead Razer mouse went flying too and broke.  I managed to piece it back together and have had it working for some time now, but the buttons are now not responding at times and at other times they respond on their own.

So it is time to retire the Razer mouse and find a new one.  I like one with high DPI, but I don't want to spend a ton of money.

Any suggestions on what I should get???

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Dreyvas
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2010, 02:36:40 PM »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178&Tpk=mx518

Logitech MX518. The price is right, and it's one of the most comfortable and accurate mice I've ever used. I love it.
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2010, 02:49:58 PM »

I use the Logitech G5.  That's the one you used over at my house the other day, so if you liked it, I think you can get it at Best Buy for under $50 now.  I think it is geared for righties though... do you have a harder time finding a mouse since you are a lefty?
330T
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2010, 03:33:01 PM »

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104178&Tpk=mx518

Logitech MX518. The price is right, and it's one of the most comfortable and accurate mice I've ever used. I love it.

^ great bit of hardware
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2010, 05:55:46 PM »

Good price, but not sure I can drop back down to 1800 DPI.  Anyone out there using the Logitech G500?  It looks pretty nice.

Cyphis

~ If I find in myself desires which nothing in this world can satisfy, the only logical explanation is that I was made for another world.      - C.S. Lewis ~
Rockstar780iFTW
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2010, 02:38:27 AM »

ive been looking at a few.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826570005
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826153055
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16826104318
there all great mice.

cytog64
Camper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2010, 11:51:44 AM »

It's rodent week at lanOC reviews...I am also in the market for a mouse but wanted to see what else was out there.
They are doing a new one each day.

www.lanoc.org

Plague
Sniper

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2010, 05:46:47 PM »

I have a G500, I love it, but it has started getting very picky about the mouse pad I use. It works great.
twodavez
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 02:32:38 PM »

You should hop over to LANOC.org as they just had a mouse week and reviewed 5 mice. They are pretty good about putting up honest feed back!
Good luck with the hunt. You should get a cat to help you find the best mouse! :-)
Dreyvas
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2010, 03:31:22 PM »

You should hop over to LANOC.org as they just had a mouse week and reviewed 5 mice. They are pretty good about putting up honest feed back!
Good luck with the hunt. You should get a cat to help you find the best mouse! :-)

Cytog just posted that, lol.
spyware89
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2010, 01:59:38 AM »

I really like my Cyber Snipa Stinger. I got it like 6 months ago for about 40$ and it is pretty nice. Adjustable weights, and it saves all the settings to the memory on the mouse, so you can take your mouse to another computer without the drivers and any macros will still be there and all of your dpi adjustments still work. The only bad thing about it is the partially grippy coating on the black surfaces like the left and right click is starting to wear off, but the coating is so thin that I can't feel the edges where it is peeling, it is mostly a cosmetic complaint.
http://www.cybersnipa.com/us/gaming-mice/stinger-mouse.php
Cyphis
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2010, 02:29:26 PM »

Well, I went ahead and stayed with the Razer brand, spent a little more than I wanted, but am happy with the Razer Mamba mouse.  It was even on sale for like $30 off.

The biggest thing that got me was that it can be wired or wireless.  And when it is wireless, it looses almost zero capability, which is awesome. I have to say, I was a bit weary on spending that much on the mouse, but I am quite happy with the performance of it.  AND, I can hit 5600 DPI with it if I am completely crazy.  I much prefer around 3000 to 3600 DPI.  That is where it's at!!

Hey, and the charging base is kind of neat, it makes the mouse look like it is kind of on a trophy stand while it is charging.  But I basically charge the unit by plugging the cord back into the mouse and going that way.

Cyphis

gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx