Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 17, 2024, 07:18:48 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: planning on my second build.  (Read 7298 times)
Bowflexing
« on: February 13, 2012, 08:13:01 AM »

So im really new to this, and i dont have much experience at building comps,i basically threw my first one together with birthday money.
But this time i really want to make something nice for gaming,general use and possibly video editing and sound editing. More importantly gaming and general use. I was thinking of something water cooled since it seems alot cooler(to me)and quieter.i dont care about 3d though. I just want some good graphics and no issues with tuning my pc to how i want to use it. Help me out enlighten me on some good parts and peices,i dont mind in taking in fact of painting the bare case chasis itself. Im uncertain of my budget but im trying to keep it a low price but not sure what yet to expect,im keeping my GPU xlr8 nvidia 512mb and was wondering about SLI and im keeping my powersupply its 1000w kingwin since their both basically new to me. i will know my budget when i learn how much i can sell my first build for without the power supply or gpu but shoot me some ideas
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2012, 01:41:27 PM »

Intel MB
I5 - 2500k
8 gig ram

I would consider selling a 512m video card an getting a 1g at least a 550 style card as well.   Depending on your gaming a 512 is not going to cut it well at all.   Now if you can find a 2nd one cheap an sli them then you would be alot better as well.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Bowflexing
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2012, 03:58:31 AM »

well since i was planning on cleaning my 1st build up before i sell it,i was tucking wires,with electrical tape, i must have cut a wire or cause something that made my whole case chasis become a really damn good conductor,i was just getting it ready to start up and install windows 7 64bit since my neighbor had it and never used it. At first i got my Asus MB on startup (enter set up and bios option screen) but now im getting no image at all,no bios and so idk what is the problem,im not sure if i wired anything wrong at all,cause i remember how it was wired up in the past when i first built it and then recently just unhooked everything to clean it Sad
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2012, 02:08:15 PM »

unplug all connectors to the board an reseat.   At a min there should be 2.   Take out all unneeded or unhook just go bare min, memory, board, PS, video to try an get it to at least boot then go from there.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx