Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 07, 2024, 07:12:14 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Minecraft Mods  (Read 6416 times)
Sideout
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: June 02, 2013, 12:06:05 AM »

Anyone have a good guide to install Minecraft mod?  My son wants some installed and I have no idea on how to install them.  Thanks.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2013, 09:06:28 AM »

Here is a tutorial for client side mods.  Warning this involves changing that actual Java (.jar) library.  So might want to make backup of it first.
http://gurpy.com/forum/index.php?threads/guide-installing-client-side-mods.139/

Please note these client mods are meant to be used on your client/local server.  They may not be allowed to be used on remote servers.  Usually what happens is the client will crash/drop connection when using a client mod if the server does not support it.  Check the mod to see if it can. Some also require a server mod as well.

He may be wanting to simply add a texture pack... those are much easier to do as you can simply drop the texture pack zip file into the texture packs folder.  Which is located under %appdata%\.minecraft\texturepacks

Also want to make sure he is not mixing up a server mod.  As those can only be run on a server. (specifically a bukkit server). If he is interested in a server mod, let me know and I will see about getting it installed on my server he plays on.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Sideout
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 11:35:20 AM »

Thanks.  I installed curse client on his pc so he can get some of the texture packs easily.  I will look at the other article. 
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx