Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 06, 2024, 06:06:54 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: December Tournaments  (Read 12790 times)
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« on: November 15, 2008, 04:27:57 PM »

The tournaments have been posted and you can start signing up for them now.

Tournaments will be -

PC - COD 5
PC - Warcraft 3 DOTA

Console - Gears of War 2
Console - Rock Band

Unoffical Console - Super Smash Brothers Brawl
Unoffical PC - Counter Strike Source

Note - Unoffical tournaments are run by attendee's and not NeXus LAN Staff.  All details, rules etc will be handled by the attendee runing that tournament.

Details to come on the tournaments soon.  If you have any input on rules please post now to this thread.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
virt
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2008, 02:40:41 PM »

Bad time for Gears2v2.  I just found out eBash is hosting a Gears 4v4 tournament on the same day - I'll *probably* be attending that unless I can't field another player. :\
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2008, 08:07:25 PM »

Where is eBash?  Or how far away that is?

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2008, 05:53:24 AM »

http://www.ebash.com/ebashnet/

There site leaves alot to be desired.  I could not find anywhere the address, location info, directions etc.

I assume its either in Indiana, or Columbus from a few things I found on that site.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2008, 06:02:11 AM »

http://www.ebash.com/ebashnet/

There site leaves alot to be desired.  I could not find anywhere the address, location info, directions etc.

I assume its either in Indiana, or Columbus from a few things I found on that site.

Ebash is a gamestore/arcade hybrid that can give some tidy payouts in the games they present. They are littered though out the Indy area, but are just now entering Ohio though the north. Makes me wish I could purchase a franchise, that'd be sweet.

If you are not doing something to its maximum, why do it?
XBL: JeLLITYMe
Same tag for Steam, Origin, psn etc.
Uptime podcast host:uptime.podomatic.com
virt
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 02:48:39 PM »

I'm looking into doing just that, Jelly. Tongue

eBash is mainly in IN.  Terre Haute and Bloomington specifically, but they just recently opened up another store, too.

The tournament is actually an iGames event, 8 LAN centers are participating.  Each LAN center will hold their own tournament, and the top two from each center will battle over Xbox Live the next day for a prize purse of something like $2000, I believe.
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 04:39:13 PM »

Fight in a lag-free zone just to have a (possibly) lag-ridden championship live match. I could see someone calling BS when they lost!

If you are not doing something to its maximum, why do it?
XBL: JeLLITYMe
Same tag for Steam, Origin, psn etc.
Uptime podcast host:uptime.podomatic.com
Cra2hgirl
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 07:04:11 PM »

Fight in a lag-free zone just to have a (possibly) lag-ridden championship live match. I could see someone calling BS when they lost!
That does seem lame... why not hold the championship at one of the centers the following weekend.
virt
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2008, 07:59:31 PM »

Uh, to be honest, if a championship for a match had to be anywhere outside of a LAN environment for a tournament, I'd prefer to have them at a LAN center.

You forget that their internet connection is almost 75-80% of their business.  It's top notch as far as speeds go.  Each center has at least a T-something connection and I'd bet money they'd throttle the connection so that each room/box is getting the highest connection speeds possible vs other machines elsewhere running.  I doubt connections will be the least of their problems for the championship.  I also think each center is on the east coast, but I could be wrong.

And it'd be hard to have a championship in another location when the LAN centers are in, say...  Northwest Indiana and the another is in North Carolina.
Cincy
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2008, 10:04:39 PM »

I THINK that css should be official. Seeing as it is tied for 1st in registered members.  Smiley
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx