Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 14, 2024, 12:22:05 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: October NLP Wrapup!  (Read 8535 times)
TinyElvis
l33t

Thank you very much!

View Profile WWW
« on: October 13, 2008, 08:14:22 PM »

Anyone have any general comments, questions, or concerns about the October NLP? Or what they would like to see done differently at the December one?
JeLLITYMe
Sniper

SF guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2008, 10:59:27 PM »

I LOVE playing the drums on rock band!!! That is all I gotta say. I have to get my own. (probably the ion kit so i can do studio work as well).

If you are not doing something to its maximum, why do it?
XBL: JeLLITYMe
Same tag for Steam, Origin, psn etc.
Uptime podcast host:uptime.podomatic.com
Infamousd
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2008, 08:32:23 PM »

Got to say I had a great time. Loved trying out rock band, and doing some wii bowling.

I enjoyed playing in the Urban Terror tourney! That was a tough match at the end! I thought the teams were well balanced, and that everyone should've won something.

The only thing I got to say however is that some people need to grow up...  It's a game, you win some, you loose some, you kill some, you die some.  Saying anything other than "GG" after a match to someone you don't know is bound to start bad blood, especially if you happen to yell at them. Not cool...

Put a bit of a damper on my drive home, but meh I'm over it. If it had happened earlier in the party things might have been different.
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2008, 10:22:21 PM »

I am glad everyone had a good time.  I think in December we will have more attendance as well.

Good sportsmanship in games is definitely a need even if you loose.  We at NeXus LAN highly discourage any type of bad sportsmanship.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
jdierking
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2008, 07:27:50 PM »

Had a blast with Urban Terror and COD4.

Hopefully more will be able to play next time.
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2008, 09:51:27 PM »

I already posted my comments on the "Feedback & Suggestions" section, but I'll post again here...

Had a great time at the October LAN event, despite arriving late.  The two COD4 tournaments were a blast, and I also enjoyed playing "Urban Terror" as well.

The staff were very courteous and helpful, except for that one guy "Tiny Elvis", but we all know that in every organization you may a bad apple or two.

My suggestions for the December LAN would be to offer a COD2 server (perhaps even a tournament), continue to offer a COD4 tournament (good standard), and some old half-life games as well.

My thanks again to the staff and sponsors for putting together a great event.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx