Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 10, 2024, 07:11:34 AM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Crossfire  (Read 7253 times)
Rock8104
l33t

View Profile
« on: February 13, 2009, 06:48:30 PM »

Ok I have an radeon x1950 pro vid card and I want to cross fire with another. I know my mobo can support it. What do I need to get to do this?

Modious
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2009, 03:25:06 AM »

A powersupply and proper cooling. I'll search for details and post it later.
Modious
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2009, 03:27:08 AM »

http://www.axiontech.com/prdt.php?item=78010&tab=0

System Requirements: PCI Express based PC is required with one x16 lane graphics slot available on the motherboard. Connection to the system power supply is required: 450-Watt power supply or greater, 30 Amps on 12 volt rail recommended (assumes fully loaded system). For CrossFire: 550 watt power supply or greater, 38 Amps on 12 volt rail. 512MB of system memory. Installation software requires CD-ROM drive. DVD playback requires DVD drive and decoder software (not included). Please see ati.com/crossfire for a list of recommended ATI CrossFire certified components. To complete the CrossFire platform, a second PCI Express Radeon X1950 PRO graphics card, a CrossFire Ready motherboard and two CrossFire bridge interconnect cables are required.

Is this it?
Does anyone have experience with Crossfire?
Crow47
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2009, 03:11:42 AM »

Yeah, that's right. There's not much to it. You need a compatible chipset, and two of the same video cards, and then either two crossfire bridges (like the sli bridge) or an external dongle (not sure what the x1950 uses). It was easy to set up my 4870's in xfire, I just stuck them in the slots, connected the bridges, and away I went into gaming nirvana.
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx