Ohio's Largest PC Gaming Community & LAN Party

gfxgfx

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

gfx gfx
gfxgfx

NeXus LAN 24 was fantastic!!!  We will miss seeing everyone, but hope to see some of you at other LAN's down the line.   Thank you everyone for years of support and fun!!!!

gfx gfx
gfx
11324 Posts in 2476 Topics by 414 Members - Latest Member: Hanlin May 12, 2024, 09:05:28 PM
gfx*HomeHelpSearchCalendarLoginRegistergfx
gfxgfx
      « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Homefront  (Read 8100 times)
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« on: March 15, 2011, 07:00:22 PM »

I am very impressed with the game so far.  Takes a bit to get used to but then again so does most games of this type. 

Basically if you like Bad Company 2 and COD: Black Ops you will really enjoy this game.  For example it takes the best of both and puts into it's own game.  I really liked the squad features of bad company 2 and it is in Homefront too.

And did I mention LAN PLAY even without the need to log into steam.  Though it does look like someone has to run the server.  I do not see any way to run standalone yet, but might just need to research that one or I can see them coming out with a server only exe soon.

Anyway definitely worth the purchase and I recommend everyone pick it up.  I got mine through steam.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:49:21 PM »

Picked up mine last night at Gamestop there was about 50 people in there picking it up.

Great game.   

LAN Play is just listen server right now I did look into that already no dedicated local exe yet, but maybe they will release that soon.

From what I read only want to rank up is on a rented dedicated server though.

Recommend all get it for the March Mini LAN.   

I am getting Crysis 2 as well hoping to have new games to play all day at the march Lan.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
TinyElvis
l33t

Thank you very much!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 12:16:07 PM »

FYI, got it last night from Amazon. If you get the digital download version it is only $39.99 with no tax. so saves you $10. Hopefully will try it this weekend.
=[TN]= Venus_Wong
NeXus LAN Staff

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2011, 01:36:30 AM »

I have it and feel kinda jilted by the single-player campaign. It took only 4.5 to 5 hours? Really? Haven't tried multi-player yet. It should be a candidate for the March mini LAN.

=[TN]= Venus_Wong
Renegade
NeXus LAN Director

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2011, 02:16:31 PM »

Thats the norm play time for FPS's anymore.   Bulletstorm was 5-6, Medal of Honor was 4 hours, Black Ops was in the same area as well.

Sucks I know I like to see single player stories that last 8-10 hours of game play.

Renegade
NeXus LAN Director
Lincoln7
Sniper

What's your favorite planet?? Mine's the sun...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 07:34:31 PM »

Well, they gotta make money somehow.
virt
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2011, 01:23:51 AM »

Gotta speak for the minority...gonna pass on this title. Tongue
Action
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2011, 04:29:14 PM »

Homefront is a decent title.  But if you are not a fan of Bad Company 2, you will not be a fan of this.  I find it more fast passed than BC2 though.

[TC] Action
Website Administrator - NeXus LAN
XBox Live: ActionRZ
gfx
Pages: [1] Print 
gfx
Jump to:  
gfx gfx